• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Save M4V format video to DVD

candle12

I just downloaded the cancelled TV series "Raines" from iTunes (knowning it's never going to make the DVD release list). Now I find that I can only watch it through Apple controlled applications and devices. I just want to save the episodes to DVD and play them on my TV DVD or portable DVD player. I paid for the episodes, so I should be able to save and view them in a way that works for me. Right?

Can a Slysoft product help me? Does anyone know of a way I can save the episodes to DVD in a format that will work on most DVD players? Thanks, Bob

M4V to DVD

CloneDVD Mobile will convert DVD to other formats to use in other devices, but I don't see that it does the reverse. 1Click DVD Movie converts from other formats to DVD but I don't see that it does M4V. I did a Google search using "M4V to DVD" and there are several options, both free and buy.

Thanks for the reply.
I've also been doing an internet search and so far, found that a lot of other people are p-o'ed. I found some fixes with negative reviews. TuneBite was suggested, with a bunch of negative reviews. AutoScreenRecorder looked promising but only saved in Flash or AVI. I think the video quality might degrade more saved in that format? Another converts to Zune video first to convert to... Again, lowering the video quality, I think. I'm still clawing through the internet, but I'm hoping for something of the quality of a Slysoft fix. Bob

Thanks for the reply.
I've also been doing an internet search and so far, found that a lot of other people are p-o'ed. I found some fixes with negative reviews. TuneBite was suggested, with a bunch of negative reviews. AutoScreenRecorder looked promising but only saved in Flash or AVI. I think the video quality might degrade more saved in that format? Another converts to Zune video first to convert to... Again, lowering the video quality, I think. I'm still clawing through the internet, but I'm hoping for something of the quality of a Slysoft fix. Bob

Might look at this and read through here and here.

Last edited:
Thanks for making the time to do the research. Now to grasp the info and use it. Bob

It looks like you've all come up with the same stuff I have. I just tried tunebites and it's glitchy. Screen capture software isn't the way to go. We need something that truly bypasses that DRM protection so we can make back up copies of our purchased iTunes videos. This seems like it would be right up Slysoft's alley.

Can you tell me what you mean by Tunebite is glitchy? It seems like the only option available at this point that would produce a quality picture. I can't imagine the screen saver way would maintain the quality of the downloaded video. Someone tell me I'm wrong? I had already recorded the episodes in Flash from the network site, using Replay Media Catcher, which works great. But, it is a lower grade internet quality picture. I then discovered that the network had made the episodes available for download on iTunes. I've played the iTunes downloaded episodes (over 8 hrs. later, for 7 episodes, using DSL) and they are TV video quality. As I mentioned in my first post, I bought and downloaded these episodes because the series was cancelled after 7 episodes, and I don't believe the network will put the episodes out on DVD. Unless I can find a good product, as Slysoft makes, to save the video to DVD, the only time I will buy and download movies or TV episodes from iTunes, is if I can't find it anywhere else. Then I'll do a backup (which iTunes says I can do, but it won't play), and hope that Slysoft will come through. Bob

By glitchy I mean the video itself stuttered like it was missing every fourth frame. Also when I first tried it it wanted to record my whole screen not just the iTunes video window. Also recording real time is more time and labour intensive than I think it's worth. I need something that is going to convert as easily as AnyDVD converts copy protection.

These are just my opinions and personal experiences. Your situation may be different.

Thank You for the clarification on what you ment by glitch. Being the only program I could find that would appear to work around the iTune's protection code, I was desperately hoping I could work around the "glitchs." But, from what you indicated, I'll just wait and keep searhing. As you probably heard iTunes just opened the coding on their CD downloads (for 30 cents more). Maybe in a couple of years, with consumer pressure, they'll do the same for DVD downloads.

Side note: I'm finally getting fully back online after numerious computer problems that I attribute to a downloaded software to do screen video capture and downloads (as in this discussion). I would recommend high caution (stay away from) a company called AEVITA Software Ltd.

Thanks. I downloaded the program and tried one of the episodes on it and no luck. The program has an "analyze" feature which I used on the episode, and forwarded the results to the program's forum site. Got a reply saying the drmi codec is not supported. I then posted a question on the forum, if there was a fix, add-on, etc. No reply 5 days later. Guess iTunes is untouchable. You can convert from other formats to play on their equipment. But, it's a no-no to write a program to play or save a video, that you bought from iTunes, in a format that works for you. Still hoping SlySoft will save the day.

Back