• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Verbatim vs. Verbatim

Hey Webslinger,
I've been using junk media for awhile now (memoroex mainly). I haven't had any problems but I followed your advice and bought two 50 packs of Verbatims just for the sake of being proactive. I've read your posts that say the Singapore Verbatims are the ones to purchase. As it turns out, these Verbatims are made in Taiwan. I couldn't find anywhere why the Singapore ones were better. I haven't opened them yet. Can anyone tell me if these Taiwan Verbatims are ok, or should I return them, or light a match to them? Are they better or worse than Memorex?

Thank you.:doh:

I've read your posts that say the Singapore Verbatims are the ones to purchase.

No, that applies to double layer media (and RW).

As it turns out, these Verbatims are made in Taiwan.

Yeah, then they are made by either Prodisc or CMC. That's normal for single layer Verbatims. Visit here

Can anyone tell me if these Taiwan Verbatims are ok

I prefer CMC made Verbatims (for single layers) that do not have MAP6 or PAP6 serials (found on the plastic inner hub).

Are they better or worse than Memorex?

Yours are probably much better than Memorex, provided you didn't come across some bad CMC made PAP6xxx or MAP6xxx serials. And it's not as though all of those discs in those serials are bad (just a few).

Last edited:
As always, thank you for your help. It turns out, based on the "lock-open" font, that they're prodisc. I was unaware the Taiwan/Singapore issue only affected DL discs.

Thanks again!!
:clap:

It turns out, based on the "lock-open" font, that they're prodisc.

Yeah, then they won't have the troubling PAP6 or MAP6 serials (since CMC made those ones), but they probably won't be as good as the other Verbatim made CMCs either.

Last edited:
5150..where did you purchase the Verbatim? I purchase mine from Newegg and they are always good.

I have purchased from BB before and they have always been the good ones.... but I use +R.

I have purchased from BB before and they have always been the good ones.... but I use +R.

Thanks for the input. I tried one out last night at it seemed to work fine.

Thanks for the input. I tried one out last night at it seemed to work fine.

Verbatim, in general, is good. I wouldn't be recommending them on these forums otherwise. And if you do get a few bad blanks, send them back to Verbatim. They will replace them, and probably add a few extras for your time.

Back