• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

copied dvd's will not play in player..help!

seuperman

i've had this program for a few months with much success but lately my copied dvd's will only play on my computer but not my dvd player. the only thing that changed was the recent upgrade of any dvd i downloaded. what happened? other copied dvd's will play in the dvd player and the player isn't that old.help.

i've had this program for a few months with much success but lately my copied dvd's will only play on my computer but not my dvd player. the only thing that changed was the recent upgrade of any dvd i downloaded. what happened? other copied dvd's will play in the dvd player and the player isn't that old.help.

You haven't supplied much info, but AnyDVD is only used for decryption (unless you are using the ripper). The usual reasons that DVDs don't play in standalone players is media type, poor quality media, if using +R may need to booktype, etc. Please supply more info. Please answer these questions.

Last edited:
Is this an ongoing problem or did it just start? Fugi media is not very good unless it's MIJ (Made in Japan) The problem you describe is, as mmdavis pointed out, generally media and player incompatibility.

This problem just started with the new versions. so not sure why or what is happening. I have been using Fuji films for a while now wih out any problems.

i am using version of anydvd 6.1.4.3 and clonedvd2
the dvd media is verbatum R- 8x also tried memorex -R 16x
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B D108 05/07/14 is in my HD
it has been working just fine all along. i just dont get it!
could any newly installed software cause such an issues?
i recently purchased an HDD video camcorder(records direct to a 30gig built in hard drive & installed its software for it.
i was told by the company(panasonic) that when i create dvd's from it they can only be played on blue ray players or computers.
how can i tell if there is some kind of interference without wiping everything out? i already tried right clicking onto the camcorder icon on toolbar & exiting program before proceeding with use of clone DVD2 & any dvd 6.1.4.3
i dont understand the signifigance of firmware upgrades. my computer is new. i am lost

i am using version of anydvd 6.1.4.3 and clonedvd2
the dvd media is verbatum R- 8x also tried memorex -R 16x
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B D108 05/07/14 is in my HD
it has been working just fine all along. i just dont get it!
could any newly installed software cause such an issues?
i recently purchased an HDD video camcorder(records direct to a 30gig built in hard drive & installed its software for it.
i was told by the company(panasonic) that when i create dvd's from it they can only be played on blue ray players or computers.
how can i tell if there is some kind of interference without wiping everything out? i already tried right clicking onto the camcorder icon on toolbar & exiting program before proceeding with use of clone DVD2 & any dvd 6.1.4.3
i dont understand the signifigance of firmware upgrades. my computer is new. i am lost

It is possible. Please do this:

1) Problem with packet writing software that was added.
Or for XP users only,
Click Start, Run
type regedit
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Please post what's listed in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters".

1. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10
2. Use good quality media (Memorex, Ritek, Princo, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Maxell that are not made in Japan are not good quality media)
If you use poor quality blank media, then you should expect problems.
visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4764653&postcount=25
and
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250
3. Try lowering your burn speed (not below 4x; if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x instead of 16x)
4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom"
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)
5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)
6. Try setting a custom size of 4300 in Clonedvd (but if you're using good media, you shouldn't have to) if you're using regular single layer dvd-5 (4.7GB) discs.

Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs (see step 6)
and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom)

Also, check the preview screen in Clonedvd to ensure you're backing up the proper title.

read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 fully please

seuperman:

Have you made any successful backups since you installed the camcorder or did the problem arise right after installing the new AnyDVD?

ok mmdavis
lower filters type REG_MULTI_SZ
data AnyDVD PxHelp20 ElbyDelay Afc drvmcdb sscdbhk5

upper filters type REG_MULTI_SZ
data GEARAspiWDM

oldjoe,
that's a problem. i installed the camcorder software & upgraded slysoft around the same time. i didnt create and dvd's any time between. i did notice that i had to exit out the anydvd icon in order to burn DVD's from my camera using the camcorder software. the reverse was attempted(when attempting to use clonedvd) but failed

drvmcdb - Used by Sonic and Veritas. Yet unknown in which software it is used (possibly backup software).

sscdbhk5 - A Shared Driver Component used by Veritas and Sonic Solutions. Yet unknown which program it belongs to.

Do you have something from Arcsoft installed? Can you try uninstalling it?

Try uninstalling whatever programs installed those entries in your filters. Then check to ensure those entries I quoted no longer appear in your filters.

Last edited:
I uninstalled arcsoft photoimpressions & have so far successfully cloned 2 movies today! everything seems to be back to normal. i will try one more before I call it a great success! will reply again in a few days.
thumbs up!

I uninstalled arcsoft photoimpressions & have so far successfully cloned 2 movies today! everything seems to be back to normal. i will try one more before I call it a great success! will reply again in a few days.
thumbs up!

Ok, it must be arcsoft causing conflicts with Anydvd. Someone else had the same issue and uninstalling a bunch of things including arcsoft fixed it. At the time, I wasn't sure arcsoft was the issue.

Thank you.

made 3 successful copies after uninstalling arcsoft. you guys rock!
many thanks!

Back