• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pirates 1 & 2 not working.

w_illboy

AnyDVDHD system tray pops up and says 'available shortley' the goes solid red normally signifying it has worked.

I fire up PowerDVD the disc starts and I get a loading screen.
When I say a loading screen its says 'Loading...' in the pirate's text format, which would suggest the movie is sort of playing but not making it to the menus. So, nothing happens.... It just stays with the text. If I try to skip or jump to the menus I get a PowerDVD information popup saying 'Prohibited'.

Same for both Pirates: Curse & Chest

Any ideas? I have played many Blu-ray & HD-DVD titles with out any probs, including The Matrix :)

(using AnyDVD 6.1.5.4)

Installing latest PowerDVD to see if this helps....

Last edited:
So..... it works.

Unlike I've read elsewhere your going to have to use the latest PowerDVD to get the menus in pirates to work (although mouse navigation doesn't).

AnyDVD does its job nicely :)

Pirates 1 and 2 - Ripping problems

I am able to view both discs played from BD-ROM drive (with AnyDVD HD installed), but when I rip them to hard drive all i see is a blank screen on playback...any ideas?

I am able to view both discs played from BD-ROM drive (with AnyDVD HD installed), but when I rip them to hard drive all i see is a blank screen on playback...any ideas?

Update to Anydvd HD 6.1.5.5 and if you post again, please do step 5

Having same problem with rips, ripped with 6.1.5.5.
No probs with matrix 1,2,3 playback.

Pirates - Pearl:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.5.5)
HL-DT-ST BD-REGBW-H10N GL04 02101206446AH81347
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 24438784 sectors (47732 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: PIRATES1
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Blu-Ray disc is region free!

Pirates - Chest:

HL-DT-ST BD-REGBW-H10N GL04 02101206446AH81347

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Video Blu-Ray label: PIRATES2
Media is AACS protected!

Can you try to drag'n'drop the files to harddisk instead of using the AnyDVD HD ripper?

James, thanks...that WORKED!!!

Hmm.. something strange is going on. I would expect the ripper to work *better* than the drag'n'drop method. :confused:

Hi, Pirates 1 and 2 does not work for me too, but I don't know if it's PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 or it's AnyHDDVD 6.1.5.5

**not actually copy and paste, I'm not at home, but pretty much the same**

Pirates

Sony Blu-ray

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Media is AACS protected!

Okay, one reason why I think it might be the PowerDVD is because when I put the Pirate BD disc in, AnyHDDVD does it's thing, and PowerDVD open by itself and tries to play the disc. All I get is a black screen.

So I was thinking, maybe I had to rip it first. So I rip it with AnyDVD, and after like 90mins, I tried playing from harddrive with Power DVD, and still same problem. Black screen.

From the start it didn't work, so I don't think the drag and drop method would help me.

Any ideas? Should I find a different Blu-ray playing software or is it AnyDVD?

thanks.

Hi, Pirates 1 and 2 does not work for me too

Pirates 1 and 2 appear to be working for Buju and w_illboy.

That said, update to Anydvd HD 6.1.5.6 and do step 5

You may also need to use the latest patch for Powerdvd Ultra (I haven't checked what the latest version is).

Last edited:
Hi, Pirates 1 and 2 does not work for me too, but I don't know if it's PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 or it's AnyHDDVD 6.1.5.5

**not actually copy and paste, I'm not at home, but pretty much the same**

Pirates

Sony Blu-ray

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Media is AACS protected!

Okay, one reason why I think it might be the PowerDVD is because when I put the Pirate BD disc in, AnyHDDVD does it's thing, and PowerDVD open by itself and tries to play the disc. All I get is a black screen.

So I was thinking, maybe I had to rip it first. So I rip it with AnyDVD, and after like 90mins, I tried playing from harddrive with Power DVD, and still same problem. Black screen.

From the start it didn't work, so I don't think the drag and drop method would help me.

thanks.
Just update PowerDVD to build 2911, this should work (Caution , "just update" is a major pain in the ass, there is a separate thread dealing with this).

Hi, one more question.

Since I already rip the 2 disc. Should I delete them, update to 6.1.5.6, rip them again, than update PowerDVD?

Or can I just update PowerDVD, and try it on the rip from version 6.1.5.5?

thanks.

Hi, one more question.

Since I already rip the 2 disc. Should I delete them, update to 6.1.5.6, rip them again, than update PowerDVD?

thanks.

Based on what James stated, updating Powerdvd should fix your issue. However, why not also update to 6.1.5.6 while you're at it?

thanks.

If you find a different Blu-Ray playing software - let me know! :)

I've tested Pirates 1 and 2 - WinDVD wouldn't play them at all.
PowerDVD neither, unless you have the very latest release.
Check the thread about the latest release of PowerDVD and read carefully! PDVD 7.3's installation is likely to mess up your startup menus.

Anyway: they only way I could make pirates work, was to uninstall the "old" PowerDVD 7.3, reboot, delete all residues from the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cyberlink
and
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cyberlink

and then install the latest version (the full install, not the update).

AnyDVD HD is doing the job just fine. But Pirates 1/2 are making heavy use of Java and my guess is that both PowerDVD and WinDVD have trouble with that. The latest PDVD does fix it though (still some strange behaviour, if you dare touch any button, while it's playing, though).

Trust me, we're going to see worse. I bet this is not as crazy as it will get... :(

Hi, one more question.

Why do you rip them in the first place?

Hi, one more question.

thanks.

I was able to play, rip, then play from hard drive both 'PIRATES1' and 'PIRATES2' using AnyDVD HD 6.1.5.5 and PowerDVD 7.3 version DVD070424-01.

Oh, I rip it cuz, I have an HDTV in the livingroom w/ a computer, and one in the bedroom. Only the computer in the bedroom has a BluRay drive.

I'll see if the Power DVD update helps because I don't to re-rip the 2 movies. Probably will take like 3 hours.

Please help.

I update to the newest PowerDVD, and AnyHD.

Now when I put the Bluray disc in, PowerDVD plays it fine instead of the black screen.

But when I rip to harddrive using AnyHD and try to play it, black screen again. I tried just copying and pasting the BDVM fold to harddrive, and get the black screen also when I use PowerDVD to play it.

Is there a special way of doing the drag and drop?

Please help.

I update to the newest PowerDVD, and AnyHD.

Now when I put the Bluray disc in, PowerDVD plays it fine instead of the black screen.

But when I rip to harddrive using AnyHD and try to play it, black screen again. I tried just copying and pasting the BDVM fold to harddrive, and get the black screen also when I use PowerDVD to play it.

Is there a special way of doing the drag and drop?

Normally, you should use the AnyDVD ripper (menu item) instead of drag&drop (both methods should basically work though).
Also: in case of pirates, it seems to be necessary to copy the CERTIFICATE folder as well.

Normally, you should use the AnyDVD ripper (menu item) instead of drag&drop (both methods should basically work though).
Also: in case of pirates, it seems to be necessary to copy the CERTIFICATE folder as well.

I know I can do it manually. Will you be updating AnyDVD HD to copy the CERTIFICATE folder automatically?

Thanks for the info!

Back