• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I don't understand........

GHINTZ

Why would my recently produced movie copies be coasters when it comes to playing them on my (and other people's) DVD player, but run perfectly on my (and other people's) computer?

Hi :)
2 of the most common faults here relate to either bitsetting when using + media. Or finalization at end of writing sequence.

Why would my recently produced movie copies be coasters when it comes to playing them on my (and other people's) DVD player, but run perfectly on my (and other people's) computer?

are they movies ripped from a dvd or downloaded?

Hi :)
2 of the most common faults here relate to either bitsetting when using + media. Or finalization at end of writing sequence.
I have been using the Bitsetting function in Nero for several years now and never had a problem. Also dont forget using cheap media will cause problems.

Last edited:
My experience is that the biggest reason for poor or no playback on a DVD player is due to compatibility of the media and burn speed.
Try Taiyo Yuden DVD-R media and burn at 4X. Some like DVD+R, but -R is more compatible in my experience.
My burns will play anywhere in the world.
Only fair to mention also that some burners can be a problem. My old Sony burner would not produce a disc that would play consistantly in 1 of my 3 machines. Today I use NEC burners, but many other brands are cool. Plextor, LiteOn etc.
TY media is pretty cheap at supermediastore.com, meritline,com and rima.com.
Update burner firmware, get TY DVD-R media and slow down burn speed to 4X.
Pretty sure you'll be surprised with these minor changes.
Hope this helps,
Brad

1. Use Nero cd-dvd speed to change the booktype: http://www.cdspeed2000.com/
This is a free program. (Click "Extra", then "Bitsetting". Make the change to "dvd-rom" and click "set".)

2. Use good quality blank media. Try Verbatim (CMC), Maxell Broadcast Quality, Taiyo Yuden, etc.

Some like DVD+R, but -R is more compatible in my experience.
Booktyping/Bitsetting will make +R discs even more compatible than -R's. Commercial (store bought) movies are booktyped to DVD Rom. That's why they play in almost all players. Not all burners are capable of booktyping though. You just need to try it, and see if your's is.

Here is some info on Booktyping/Bitsetting:
http://www.k-probe.com/bitsetting-booktype-faq.php
http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Increased-compatibility-DVD-bitsetting.html
Good luck!

Thank you all for your input. Turns out my burner was on it's last legs. Got a new one and all is fine.

Back