• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD & INTEL GMA 950 Graphics??

karlheinz

Hi,
i read somewhere in this forums,that there are problems playing hddvds under powerdvd 7.x with an intel gma950 graphics chipset installed (its not hdcp compliant) even when anydvd hd is running.the problem is that powerdvd refuses to play cause the chipset is not hdcp compliant..im thinking about buying a xbox360 drive and a copy of anydvd hd,so it would be nice to know that before!By the way,im using a macbook with windows xp on it...thx in advance for every answer!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown:
bye bye

p.s. heres the post i mentioned,but its in german,the guy has got an mac mini(with intel gma 950 installed) and anydvd hd 6.1.2.5 running.
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1850

Last edited:
Hi,
i read somewhere in this forums,that there are problems playing hddvds under powerdvd 7.x with an intel gma950 graphics chipset installed (its not hdcp compliant) even when anydvd hd is running.the problem is that powerdvd refuses to play cause the chipset is not hdcp compliant..im thinking about buying a xbox360 drive and a copy of anydvd hd,so it would be nice to know that before!By the way,im using a macbook with windows xp on it...thx in advance for every answer!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown:
bye bye

p.s. heres the post i mentioned,but its in german,the guy has got an mac mini(with intel gma 950 installed) and anydvd hd 6.1.2.5 running.

PowerDVD does *not* require a HDCP compliant graphics adapter if AnyDVD HD is running (btw, please update to 6.1.5.5 or better). It probably simply doesn't like the INTEL on board graphics.

Hi,
i read somewhere in this forums,that there are problems playing hddvds under powerdvd 7.x with an intel gma950 graphics chipset installed (its not hdcp compliant) even when anydvd hd is running.the problem is that powerdvd refuses to play cause the chipset is not hdcp compliant..im thinking about buying a xbox360 drive and a copy of anydvd hd,so it would be nice to know that before!By the way,im using a macbook with windows xp on it...thx in advance for every answer!!!!!!!!!!
bye bye

thx for your answer! but i dont have anydvd hd installed, neither have i got a hd-dvd drive. im just thinking about buying those two pieces, but if powerdvd "probably simply doesn't like the INTEL on board graphics" and refuses to play, even with anydvd hd running i could have thrown out 200 bucks the window.so i wanted to know if theres somebody who can tell me,that its working for sure...

Karl,

The integrated graphics card on Macbooks as well as Mac Mini's will not "pass" the PowerDVD HD/BD Advisor that will run each and every time you launch PowerDVD 7.x and higher. No one has found a way to disable it to my knowledge. That said, the only version of PowerDVD that will work on either of these machines (running Boot Camp obviously) is PowerDVD 6.5. It works and doesn't have the Advisor.

Since it was basically the first version that would run HD-DVD's its rather buggy. You have to comment out the subtitles on your ripped HD-DVD's as well as any of the interactive features such as IME, etc. otherwise they can be hard to turn off. Its not hard once to learn how to do it. After that PowerDVD works rather well on about 85% of HD-DVD's. For some reason about 15% of my HD-DVD's crash and just won't play at all on PowerDVD 6.5. They all work fine on PowerDVD 7.x and higher on my Dell. I have a networked setup where by the Dell can serve the ripped files over my home network to a Mac Mini in the master bedroom running Boot Camp.

Hope this helps to explain the situation.

That said, the only place you will be able to find PowerDVD 6.5 will more than likely be by Bittorrent.

Last edited:
okay thx!
so to sum up: anydvd hd is not capable of turning off the powerdvd advisor when i have an intel chipset installed, but it can turn off the advisor for other non-hdcp compliant graphics cards. :( baaad,so ill better spend my money on a standalone player....but thx for your help!!!!
bye bye

Back