• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

cannot install anyDVD version 6.1.5.5.

nganvu

I upgraded my AnyDVD v 6.1.5.4 to version 6.1.5.5.
toward the end of the install, I got the death blue screen.
Anyone having problem with the new version of AnyDVD?
I am using Vista
PS: having had any problem installing the previous versions.

I got the death blue screen.

That may indicate a hardware failure of some sort.

Most haven't

Should anyone experience issues installing Anydvd (most people don't), do this:

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

2. If you use Vista, read this

I upgraded my AnyDVD v 6.1.5.4 to version 6.1.5.5.
toward the end of the install, I got the death blue screen.
What did it say?

I am using Vista
PS: having had any problem installing the previous versions.
No. And there have been no changes in the drivers from previous versions, so I am confident the crash was not caused by a change in AnyDVD.

Please... AnyDVD does not need "registry cleaning tools". Never had, never will. You usually make matters worse when running these "tools". Really.

While I'm sure Anydvd doesn't need those tools (Anydvd is a very well written program), some people's systems might be so messed up with bad registry entries that affect startup (and often messed up by bad uninstallers/installers from other programs) that running CCleaner may help. Here's one case where it might have helped. At the very least, on these forums, CCleaner has been tested enough with Slysoft products on these forums where it, at least, doesn't seem to cause damage. If you want me to remove that step from my instructions in the future, let me know, and I will definitely remove the CCleaner step.

It's certainly not Anydvd's fault that bad registries cause problems (and I agree that if you don't know what you're doing some registry cleaners can and do cause a lot of problems).

Don't get mad at me! :eek: /duck /hides from James

Last edited:
While I'm sure Anydvd doesn't need those tools (Anydvd is a very well written program), some people's systems might be so messed up with bad registry entries that affect startup (and often messed up by bad uninstallers/installers from other programs) that running CCleaner may help. Here's one case where it might have helped. At the very least, on these forums, CCleaner has been tested enough with Slysoft products on these forums where it, at least, doesn't seem to cause damage. If you want me to remove that step from my instructions in the future, let me know, and I will definitely remove the CCleaner step.

It's certainly not Anydvd's fault that bad registries cause problems (and I agree that if you don't know what you're doing some registry cleaners can and do cause a lot of problems).

Don't get mad at me! :eek: /duck /hides from James
No need to duck... :D
What I was trying to say: *Never* use registry cleaning *unless* there is a problem and you are *sure* it can be solved with registry cleaning.
I often read things like "I uninstalled AnyDVD and cleaned the registry ... before installing a new version, just to be sure". This is one of the worst things you can do. Well, "and I installed ForceASPI, just to be on the safe side" comes close.
For example, ElbyCDIO.sys and ElbyCDIO.dll are installed as shared components. If you remove their registry entries manually, the usage counts will be lost. Next you uninstall CloneCD because your trial ended and you don't like to buy it and *wham* AnyDVD & CloneDVD stop working.

In other words: "Cleaning" the registry often introduces subtle problems you will probably not notice right away.

I often read things like "I uninstalled AnyDVD and cleaned the registry ... before installing a new version, just to be sure". This is one of the worst things you can do.

Oh yeah, I agree. That's pointless.

Thank you for the clarification.

Again, if you would like me to remove the CCleaner step from the instructions that I often post for those that have problems, please let me know. Thank you

I was in the hurry to go to work, this morning.
I am back. Let me rephrase what I said:
Toward the end of the installing, all of the sudden, the screen became blue for a few seconds, then my PC restarted by it selfeft. Finally I received this message: "windows has just recovered from an unexpected shut down.".
Just now: as per your suggestions: I used the ccleaner before reintalling the AnyDVD 6.1.5.5. Same thing happened as described.
Then: I tried to uninstalled my old version using start-control panel-etc..: toward the end of the uninstall, my PC restarted again by itself and the above message showed.
I will try to disable my firewall and my antivirus later. I am using the Windows Live One Care. Does anyone know how to disable this program?
Thanks

Then: I tried to uninstalled my old version using start-control panel-etc..: toward the end of the uninstall, my PC restarted again by itself

Ohhh, that does not sound good. :( If you were using XP, I'd say that sounds like some kind of hardware failure. But as I don't have much experience with Vista yet, I'll leave it up to James (or others) to tell you what to do.

Last edited:
I was in the hurry to go to work, this morning.
I am back. Let me rephrase what I said:
Toward the end of the installing, all of the sudden, the screen became blue for a few seconds, then my PC restarted by it selfeft. Finally I received this message: "windows has just recovered from an unexpected shut down.".
Just now: as per your suggestions: I used the ccleaner before reintalling the AnyDVD 6.1.5.5. Same thing happened as described.
Then: I tried to uninstalled my old version using start-control panel-etc..: toward the end of the uninstall, my PC restarted again by itself and the above message showed.
I will try to disable my firewall and my antivirus later. I am using the Windows Live One Care. Does anyone know how to disable this program?
Thanks

Hi :)
Despite LiveOneCare being quite a good & comprehensive package. I believe it should be treated as a beta. It is full of problems & the 'recovered from' scenario is common (at least in my experience with it & Vista).
I be tempted to uninstall & if needed use some free A/V like Avast or AVG for now.
Registry cleaners. (Accepting James & his AnyDVD doesn't need it)
Many other programs can produce problems.
I use CCleaner & AdvancedWindowsCare regularly.
However CCleaner does just that 'cleans' & I tend to only recommend it if all else fails.
Whereas AWC not only cleans but restores/repairs many links & reg entries too. Plus a bit more too.
So try it. It is surprising what it can do for your setup.

AdvancedWindowsCarePersonal:

Last edited:
Despite LiveOneCare being quite a good & comprehensive package. I believe it should be treated as a beta. It is full of problems & the 'recovered from' scenario is common (at least in my experience with it & Vista).
I be tempted to uninstall & if needed use some free A/V like Avast or AVG for now.

Excellent idea, Zebadee! :clap: :agree:
Thank you for helping!:)

Hi, Zebadee:)
Thanks for your suggestions: I uninstalled the Windows One Care program, and I was able to install the AnyDVD 6.1.5.5.
I am using the AVG now:agree: . I cannot complain.
Problem solved.

Glad it all came good for you nganvu.:clap:
BTW wlecome onboard.;)

Back