• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Planet Earth

pastrymarx

Hello, this is my first post, so here I go. Tired to back up The Complete BBC Series Planet Earth, Region 1 with AnyDVD v.6154 and then later v.6155, but was unable to read any of the 5 discs. This was done on a Pioneer DVR-112 with firmware v.1.15, and XP Pro. Any Ideals?
Thanks.

Hello, this is my first post, so here I go. Tired to back up The Complete BBC Series Planet Earth, Region 1 with AnyDVD v.6154 and then later v.6155, but was unable to read any of the 5 discs. This was done on a Pioneer DVR-112 with firmware v.1.15, and XP Pro. Any Ideals?
Thanks.

Welcome to the forums!

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Put one of those discs in your drive.
e)Go to "my computer"-->the appropriate drive letter

Do you see a video_ts folder? Do you see any files on that disc?

bbc vts

Yes there are vts numbers and the ones that say no are all the same, they are:
e650b9fb48 and e9a7a7cd0. Hope that this helps.

Yes there are vts numbers and the ones that say no are all the same, they are:
e650b9fb48 and e9a7a7cd0. Hope that this helps.

Do you see vts files?
For example, do you see anything that looks like this

You need to right click on the drive letter, and select "explore"

Last edited:
I just lent the dvd's out to my father and will have to get'em back to check and see if I can see the vts files. I found the vts files on the CSS Key Archive, so I assume that they can be seen. I'll get them on Wed and try again to see if I can see them. Sorry but i'm new to all this stuff.

I found the vts files on the CSS Key Archive.

I would strongly recommend disabling that feature. If anydvd gets the key wrong once, it will continue to get that key wrong every single time if the archive is enabled.

As you don't have the discs on you, I fail to see how you can tell me that you can see files on the discs when Anydvd isn't installed.

As you don't have the discs on you, I fail to see how you can tell me that you can see files on the discs when Anydvd isn't installed.

O, I have to un-install AnyDVD. I will try after work tomorrow to pick'em up. I just read the sticky "Please read before posting", which I did not read before I posted:eek: . I will get all the info and try again.
Thanks for all your help.

Welcome to the forums!
Do you see a video_ts folder? Do you see any files on that disc?

Yes after I un-installed AnyDVD I can see a three video_ts folders. I'm using a Pioneer DVR 110, LiteOn 166 DVD-ROM, XP Pro, and version 6.1.5.5 of AnyDVD, trying to read BBC Video, Planet Earth, 5 disc set. Right now I'm trying to backup the disc onto the hard drive. Neither Nero 7570 nor Alcohol 120% v 1.9.5.2722 can read the disc.

Yes after I un-installed AnyDVD I can see a three video_ts folders. I'm using a Pioneer DVR 110, LiteOn 166 DVD-ROM, XP Pro, and version 6.1.5.5 of AnyDVD, trying to read BBC Video, Planet Earth, 5 disc set. Right now I'm trying to backup the disc onto the hard drive. Neither Nero 7570 nor Alcohol 120% v 1.9.5.2722 can read the disc.

Install Anydvd please and do step 8

step 8

Drum roll please:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.5.5)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-110D 1.41 06/04/17PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2028128 sectors (3961 MBytes)
Total size: 4034295 sectors (7879 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: E2938
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Drum roll please:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.5.5)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-110D 1.41 06/04/17PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2028128 sectors (3961 MBytes)
Total size: 4034295 sectors (7879 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: E2938
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Anydvd is working perfectly fine on your system then. By the way, there is so little protection on that disc that dvdshrink could handle it without anydvd running.

Ok then, then why does AnyDVD tell me that the CSS is not cracked? I do not understand.

Ok then, then why does AnyDVD tell me that the CSS is not cracked? I do not understand.

Where is Anydvd telling you that? What's the full error message?

"Media is CSS protected!" is just telling you there's CSS protection on the original disc.
That's normal. Anydvd is handling the disc perfectly fine.

When I place the disc in the writer and AnyDVD starts to read the disc, a sec or two passes and then a small box appears claiming that AnyDVD cannot crack the disc.

When I place the disc in the writer and AnyDVD starts to read the disc, a sec or two passes and then a small box appears claiming that AnyDVD cannot crack the disc.

1) disable the css archive in Anydvd (click the red fox icon on the toolbar-->video dvd-->css keys-->uncheck "use css archive"-->click "ok")

With the css archive enabled, if anydvd gets the key wrong once, it will continue to get that key wrong every single time you put the disc in if the archive is enabled. I strongly recommend keeping it disabled.

2) eject the disc and put it back in
3) provide the full error message

Last edited:
I understand now :eek: , it's because the DVD-ROM Drive region was not set to the same as the disc. Thank you very much for your help Webslinger, despite my foolish ways I have learnt something tonight. Also, when I installed AnyDVD I did not enable the css archive. Again thank you.

I understand now :eek: , it's because the DVD-ROM Drive region was not set to the same as the disc.

Ohhh . . . that error message (it really helps me if people give me the exact text of the error message).

You can usually ignore that error message regardless, and Anydvd should still work.

If it doesn't read here

Also, when I installed AnyDVD I did not enable the css archive.

But it seems to me you did previously. So, I was just making sure you didn't still have it enabled.

pastrymarx said:
I found the vts files on the CSS Key Archive, so I assume that they can be seen.

Anyway, I'm glad everything is fine now. :clap:

Last edited:
Back