• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

help me plz

coolraul

so i first learned of anydvd when i was werking off shore but i can not figure out how to use it. i am currently using dvd fab is there any difference in the two programs? which is better is it just prefference?

Last edited:
so i first learned of anydvd when i was werking off shore but i can not figure out how to use it. i am currently using dvd fab is there any difference in the two programs? which is better is it just prefference?

It's difficult to directly compare dvdfab to anydvd as dvdfab tries to be an all in one solution. Anydvd is primarily a decrypter.

Anydvd doesn't burn. It works on a driver level that decrypts discs on the fly. This is especially useful for Home Theater PC users who may want to watch discs from regions other than the ones they are in. The other advantage is that you aren't limited to using just one program to burn (before you rip). With Anydvd running in the background, you can usually load discs directly into whatever program you want.

1. dvdfab doesn't help me when I want to play original discs on my system from other regions
2. dvdfab doesn't offer subtitle transparency on the fly when I want to watch dvd movies
3. dvdfab does not decrypt on the fly, allowing me to use almost any other program I want--faster for almost all releases (with the exception of some of the newer Sony/Lionsgate releases; and for that Anydvd ripper since 6.1.4.2 now provides full disc backups with Shrink )

dvdfab also doesn't do the following:

from http://www.slysoft.com/anydvd.html
# Prevents automatic launching of 'PC-friendly' software on video DVDs
# Allows adjustment of your monitor refresh rate for both NTSC and PAL monitors
# Allows execution of external programs on disc insertion and removal
# Allows speed control of your DVD drives
# Works transparently for the operating system: DVDs can be shared over the network and copied with the command prompt or with Windows Explorer, etc"

I prefer Anydvd to dvdfab because Anydvd gives you the freedom to do what you want more quickly; I don't always have to rip first to get access to what I want. But Anydvd does not burn.

Many people use and like dvdfab, but I do prefer Anydvd for its flexibility.

If you want to learn how to use Anydvd, I'd recommend right clicking on every feature in Anydvd and reading.

Anydvd also helps with the Sony rootkit (and because Anydvd can block autorun, it also protects you by not having a lot of nasty stuff installed on your system automatically when you insert a disc).

Last edited:

Basically, it's a matter of preference and which software fills your needs. I started using DVDFab Platinum almost exclusively when AnyDVD gave up support for Shrink. I still use AnyDVD, Shrink, Recode and several others when the need arises.

Back