• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD running/ripping slow

Jwallace66

I was using an old version of AnyDVD and I was able to make a copy of DVDs in about 30-40 minutes. Now with the latest version of AnyDVD it takes over 3 hours to rip it then another hour to copy to the DVD. Support from AnyDVD were of no help at all. Any ideas...? Thanks.

Last edited:
I was using an old version of AnyDVD and I was able to make a copy of DVDs in about 30-40 minutes. Now with the latest version of AnyDVD it takes over 3 hours to rip it then another hour to copy to the DVD. Support from AnyDVD were of no help at all. Any ideas...? Thanks.

Please read This and provide us with the needed info.

Other programs?

What other programs are you using with it? Three hours does not sound right at all! I also have 6.1.14 and the average movie for me takes about 40-45 minutes using shrink and decrypter! Saw 3 took longer though! Not using shrink of course!

3 or 4 hours is long but 40 minutes is too. I get mine done within 10 to 15 minutes using clonedvd2 and anydvd. This is just the rip process doing whole movie, and yes saw 3 was a bit longer to do.

Have you checked the transfer mode of your DVDRW?
Go to
1. My Computer
2. Control Panel
3. System
4. Hardware
5. Device Manager
6. IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
7. Open the installed IDE channels (Primary and Secondary)
8. Click on Advanced settings
9. You will see the transfer mode. If any are PIO you need to un-install the channel (right click and choose uninstall) and re-boot. Windows will reinstall the device and return it to DMA mode.

Just to clarify Jwallace66, AnyDVD only decrypts the movie. You will need another program to rip the now unprotected DVD to your hard drive or a simple drag 'n' drop will suffice.

I too am having problems with slowness ripping. Right now, ripping The Fountain ... 1 hour and a half in its at 62%. This started with the last version ... updated to 6.1.5.5 today and its still slow. Before the last version I was ripping in roughly 10 minutes give or take.

Checked DMA in Device Mgr. I don't have the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers section. Not sure where else to check for DMA (and don't think it would have changed just by upgrading AnyDVD).

Any ideas?

the best way i've found to rip the files to hard drive that r over 4.5gb in size is to have anydvd running in the background. open up your explorer and go into the disc. select all the items on the disc then copy/paste them anywhere on your hard drive. the process goes about as fast as your dvd burner can read. if the disc is already under 4.5gb, i'd recommend keepin anydvd running in background and get ImgBurn and just copying the disc to Hard drive as .iso thru ImgBurn.

I was doing step 3 ... (right click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "rip video-dvd to hard disk") ... I'll try the other steps and see how it goes. Otherwise I'll just uninstall/reinstall.

Back