• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD help

Green545

I am having lots of trouble trying to burn DVDs lately. I bought a Dell computer less than a year ago. When I first got it I successfully burnt about 10 movies using DVD shrink and Nero using Verbatim (DVD -R) discs.

I didn't try to burn any disc for a while, but when I recently tried again, using the same Verbatim discs, I receive error messages. Either unable to read disc or please insert disc (when disc is in). I called Dell and they were useless. They told me that my drive is unable to read DVD -R disc. I told them that I have used them successfully before, but that was their final answer.

So, I went and bought some DVD +R discs (Maxwell or Memorex) can't remember right now. Still no luck, getting same errors.

Thought it might be shrink or nero, so downloaded AnyDVD and Clone DVD for free trial. Still no luck.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a disc problem or could it be my drive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Thought it might be shrink or nero, so downloaded AnyDVD and Clone DVD for free trial. Still no luck.

1. Give us the brand and model of your drive.
2. Visit your drive's website and update the firmware for your drive.
3. Try real Taiyo Yuden media

4. Give us an error message when you use Anydvd and Clonedvd2.
In fact, for this portion, answer all the questions here please:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321

I'm having the same problem.

Now I have to figure out how to get the current firmware. Then buy new media and trash a bunch of Fujifilm disks. It doesn't seem to make sense. Why should there be no problems for a very long time and then everything go South? I'll probably end up getting a new burner.

2. Visit your drive's website and update the firmware for your drive.

I've done this, but will be back with other info

No Disc is present in Drive E:!
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B E113 06/06/16

I now have went out and bought Sony DVD +R

1. Visit your burner's website, and update your burner's firmware

2. Use good quality blank media. Try Verbatim (CMC), Maxell Broadcast Quality, Taiyo Yuden, etc.

3. Use Nero cd-dvd speed to change the booktype: http://www.cdspeed2000.com/
This is a free program. (Click "Extra", then "Bitsetting". Make the change to "dvd-rom" for the disk type that
you're using and click "set".) This step improves playback compatibility with standalone dvd players.

4. Have Anydvd 6.1.1.4 running on your toolbar. Stick the original disc in your optical reader.

5. Select "Clone DvD" from Clonedvd2's startup menu.

6. Select your optical reader in "dvd video files"

7. Choose the titles you want to backup

8. If you want to split the movie over two single layer blanks, use the scissor icon towards the bottom of the screen and select the beginning and end chapters that you want to burn. This feature is pretty easy to figure out. Clonedvd2, unlike Shrink and Recode can retain the original menus while splitting across two single layer discs.

9. Click "preserve menus" if you want to preserve the menus.

10. Select "dvd-5" if you want to compress to a single layer disc. Select "dvd+/-r dl" if you don't want to compress and are using Verbatim +R DL media (for example).

11. Click next

12. Select the audio and subtitles you want to backup.

13. Click next

14. Select "dvd writer" for the output method

15. Below that, select the appropriate burner. Ensure you have an appropriate burn speed selected on this screen.

16. Click "Go"

Report back any error messages.

Last edited:
I hate dispute Webslinger, but if the +R Maxells are made in Japan, they are very good media. But definately stay away from the ones made in Taiwan!
I do agree that Memorex is garbage.............. :)

No Disc is present in Drive E:!
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B E113 06/06/16

I now have went out and bought Sony DVD +R

This will fix the "no disc is present" a lot of times, but not always. Try this:

Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.
Good luck!

Back