• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Back up of Region B Closer not working

arcsyn

I've read through the forums for people with other problems, and have tried all possible solutions.

I'm doing the PS3 method (damn players are far too expensive). I'm copying from the ps3 drive to a external drive that is ext3. Then I moved to a NTFS drive (saw in a thread this fixed it) and tried mounting the image with Nero. Still nothing. Here's the log. Thanks for any help.

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.5.1)
NERO IMAGEDRIVE2 2.26
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 4718592 sectors (9216 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: 97981970_CLOSER
Media is AACS protected!
Failed to retrieve AGID!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

I've read through the forums for people with other problems, and have tried all possible solutions.

I'm doing the PS3 method (damn players are far too expensive). I'm copying from the ps3 drive to a external drive that is ext3. Then I moved to a NTFS drive (saw in a thread this fixed it) and tried mounting the image with Nero. Still nothing. Here's the log. Thanks for any help.

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.5.1)
NERO IMAGEDRIVE2 2.26

Media is a DVD.
Media is AACS protected!
Failed to retrieve AGID!

yeah it only fixed the one title, again, an older title of mine was only recently able to be decrypted, so hang in there! keep the .iso....

I tried the newest version today... and it seems like SlySoft is full of it or something.

Now AnyDVD says it has removed the processing key, but when I tried to play it in PowerDVD it does not play. It is black video with some weird noise for audio. Other older movies play perfectly fine with PowerDVD, but no such luck for this.

AnyDVD surely enjoyed the press for being able to decrypt the new encryption so quickly, but it seems like their tool is nothing but a patch job. I came here wanting to try the trail, perhaps buying it if it worked well.. but I'm finding it hard to believe they are doing anything other then patch work on a disc by disc basis. This disc has been out for a while, so isn't even the new encryption.

Pretty disappointed. I guess SlySoft has 17 days left to make me believe it is worth buying this software.

I tried the newest version today... and it seems like SlySoft is full of it or something.

Now AnyDVD says it has removed the processing key, but when I tried to play it in PowerDVD it does not play. It is black video with some weird noise for audio. Other older movies play perfectly fine with PowerDVD, but no such luck for this.

AnyDVD surely enjoyed the press for being able to decrypt the new encryption so quickly, but it seems like their tool is nothing but a patch job. I came here wanting to try the trail, perhaps buying it if it worked well.. but I'm finding it hard to believe they are doing anything other then patch work on a disc by disc basis. This disc has been out for a while, so isn't even the new encryption.

Pretty disappointed. I guess SlySoft has 17 days left to make me believe it is worth buying this software.

AnyDVD is designed to work with *real* BD drives, not images ripped from a PS3.

AnyDVD is designed to work with *real* BD drives, not images ripped from a PS3.

Sure.

So before with the version from earlier this week AnyDVD correctly told me it couldn't remove the protection.

Now it says it does.

Why the change if its not really working?

Sure.

So before with the version from earlier this week AnyDVD correctly told me it couldn't remove the protection.

Now it says it does.

Why the change if its not really working?

I am not saying it isn't working, I say AnyDVD wasn't designed for this (so you cannot complain if it doesn't work). :)
I am confident that AnyDVD HD works correctly. Maybe it is PowerDVD who has a problem with this disc? Wouldn't be the first one. But you can't verify this unless you have a real drive and HDCP compliant hardware and try to play the original disc with AnyDVD HD disabled..

My friend is going to bring over his external bluray drive later, but the problem is I don't have a HDCP compliant computer, hence wanting AnyDVD. Is there any other way to play back?

My friend is going to bring over his external bluray drive later, but the problem is I don't have a HDCP compliant computer, hence wanting AnyDVD. Is there any other way to play back?

James is saying that in order to test if Powerdvd is the source of your problem, you would need to disable Anydvd HD, use the original disc, and have HDCP compliant hardware. If you're still experiencing issues at that point, the issue has nothing to do with Anydvd HD.

James is saying that in order to test if Powerdvd is the source of your problem, you would need to disable Anydvd HD, use the original disc, and have HDCP compliant hardware. If you're still experiencing issues at that point, the issue has nothing to do with Anydvd HD.

Yeah, and I don't have HDCP compliant hardware... hence wanting to buy AnyDVD. Seems like a bit of a rabbit hole.

Yeah, and I don't have HDCP compliant hardware... hence wanting to buy AnyDVD. Seems like a bit of a rabbit hole.

The problem is that Powerdvd has had issues in the past with certain discs. So, in some cases, people have wanted to blame Anydvd HD when the real issue was Powerdvd. Unfortunately, in order to test if Powerdvd is the issue, you would need HDCP compliant hardware.

I appreciate the reason for using Anydvd HD is to avoid HDCP compliance; however, without HDCP hardware there's really no other way (that I can think of) to test whether Powerdvd is the source of the problem.

Last edited:
Did WinDVD have a problem with those same discs? Could I try using the trail of that?

Did WinDVD have a problem with those same discs? Could I try using the trail of that?

James has stated Windvd is even worse than Powerdvd (and if I remember correctly, Windvd has a screen resolution limitation--only plays at 960x540 for HD content). Windvd for HD content is not even offered on Intervideo's North American website.

I'm not really an expert in this area. Perhaps James or Peer will have a better suggestion.

Last edited:

Forget WinDVD. You can play the first few seconds of a movie with PowerDVD without HDCP hardware, then playback will stop. This should probably be enough for a quick test.

Of course, you can also attach your monitor with an analogue connector for this test (plain old VGA).
PowerDVD should play your disc fine then - even without AnyDVD HD running (watch out though: this sometimes doesn't work with dual monitor configurations - so make it a single monitor just to make sure...)

There have been a few reports concerning defective discs lately, where everything turned out to be fine, after replacing them.
Your story sounds a lot like them.

You are right, AnyDVD 6.1.5.2 - 6.1.5.4 suffer from a bug in the AACS decryption.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Now with the new version I am back to the originally error...

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.5.5)
NERO IMAGEDRIVE2 2.26

Media is a DVD.
Media is AACS protected!
Failed to retrieve AGID!

Any ideas?

Now with the new version I am back to the originally error...

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.5.5)
NERO IMAGEDRIVE2 2.26

Media is a DVD.
Media is AACS protected!
Failed to retrieve AGID!

Any ideas?
Yes, you are using an image drive.

When you create an iso from an encrypted BD disc, the iso doesnt contain the VolumeID needed to calculate the decryption key.

When you create an iso from an encrypted BD disc, the iso doesnt contain the VolumeID needed to calculate the decryption key.

Then how come it works for a lot of movies? ie - I did talledega nights with the same method....

Back