• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Ripper sucks! James fix it!

BurnerHEAD

hi!

I'm really not criticizing AnyDVD Ripper, the Thread-titel is meant ironical. :)

BUT
With the help of AnyDVD Ripper, I just wanted to copy a Video-DVD which has additional DVD-ROM files. Sadly the additional DVD-ROM files like .pdf or .swf weren't copied.

@James:
Could you please fix that?

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

No. Anydvd ripper and Clonedvd are intended to only handle dvd-video files/titlesets. If you want the additional content, use Verbatim +R DL media and Clonecd (with Anydvd running in the background).

Or simply drag the pc files off the disc (copy them yourself). Hmm, on second thought, it probably wouldn't be that hard to add a copy command to Anydvd ripper for those extra files, but I'm not a programmer. Anyway, Anydvd and Clonedvd are intended for dvd-video.

Last edited:
Hmm, on second thought, it probably wouldn't be that hard to add a copy command to Anydvd ripper for those extra files, but I'm not a programmer. Anyway, Anydvd and Clonedvd are intended for dvd-video.

As long as this was optional, of course. Personally, I'm dead-set against copying anything that is non-video.

I've asked for a JACKET_P folder copy and allowing it to be burned with CloneDVD. I was told "not likely." So, I wouldn't bet on this feature getting included any time soon.

I've asked for a JACKET_P folder copy and allowing it to be burned with CloneDVD. I was told "not likely." So, I wouldn't bet on this feature getting included any time soon.

JACKET_P I wouldn't mind being copied over. But anything else, no. Ah well, maybe somewhere down the road.

hi!

I would be very nice if there would be a checkbox titled "Copy additional Data Files". :bowdown:
I think that it's coded in about 10 secs. :agree:

I believe that nobody with suffer under this feature.
(Perhaps CDVD could get that feature as well, which would be very amazing, cause the video-content of a DVD-9 gets compressed to DVD-5, but CDVD leaves enough space for the data-content and copies it, too.)

Revolutionary ;) :)

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

You know of what DVD I'm talking about? => video2brain Teaching DVDs.
It has a size of 4,25 GB and only 1,3 GB are video content.
The rest are project-examples or .pdf or .swf files.

hi!

I would be very nice if there would be a checkbox titled "Copy additional Data Files". :bowdown:
I think that it's coded in about 10 secs. :agree:

I believe that nobody with suffer under this feature.
(Perhaps CDVD could get that feature as well, which would be very amazing, cause the video-content of a DVD-9 gets compressed to DVD-5, but CDVD leaves enough space for the data-content and copies it, too.)

Revolutionary ;) :)

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

You know of what DVD I'm talking about? => video2brain Teaching DVDs.
It has a size of 4,25 GB and only 1,3 GB are video content.
The rest are project-examples or .pdf or .swf files.
You can simply drag & drop the files to disc. The AnyDVD ripper *repairs Video files* while copying them (that's what it says when you start it).

yeah i know, but it would be anyway a nice feature, 'cause then AnyDVD Ripper would be able to rip the DVD FULLY to harddisk and with a checkbox really noone would "suffer".

so far...
BurnerHEAD

... You can simply drag & drop the files to disc. ...
What does James mean when he simply says d&d the files (jacket for instance) to disk??? D&D to where(?) ... the CloneDVD temp folder(?) ... CloneDVD will burn them then? Didn't think this would work. How would jackets end up on a CloneDVD backup since CloneDVD doesn't recognize them?

thanks
Whisperer

What does James mean when he simply says d&d the files (jacket for instance) to disk??? D&D to where(?) ... the CloneDVD temp folder(?) ... CloneDVD will burn them then? Didn't think this would work. How would jackets end up on a CloneDVD backup since CloneDVD doesn't recognize them?

That won't work. James means, I believe, that you can drag the files to your desktop if you want.

There is other program in market that copy all files and folders... 1clickdvdcopy ..cough cough

Ok, that's what I thought ... no jacket possible in CloneDVD. That's ok, just thought i was missing out on something that should not have been possible. ... btw: drag to desktop(?) but why ...? No matter anyway.

Jacket inclusion is one nice thing about CloneCD.

btw: drag to desktop(?) but why ...?

Well, if you want the files (for whatever reason) . . .

/shrug

Keep in mind that BurnerHead, apparently, wants those files (hence making a request for Anydvd ripper to copy them to his harddrive). My response is that it's easy enough to do that yourself using conventional methods (dragging and dropping folders/files to your desktop or wherever). Anydvd ripper was never intended to offer that function. Anydvd ripper gives users Shrink-compliant video files from heavily protected discs.

I can, sort of, understand the request being made for Clonedvd, but this isn't a Clonedvd thread.

Last edited:
There is other program in market that copy all files and folders... 1clickdvdcopy ..cough cough

So you waste video quality on single layer burns. If you want "all and everything", use CloneCD.

thanks
Whisperer

CloneDVD won't burn them, but CloneDVD hasn't anything to do with a feature request for AnyDVD ripper (CloneDVD doesn't require the use of the ripper).

So you waste video quality on single layer burns. If you want "all and everything", use CloneCD.

Yes, but for those that don't have or don't want to use a dvd DL disc, clonecd don't have use.

yes, thats right.

The Function is really missing in CDVD, that CDVD can't burn these additional files.

like I described before:
A DVD-9 should get compressed to DVD-5.
The additional files should get copied, too.
CDVD now leaves enough space for these files to get burned and does that, too.

@James:
What's your problem about adding that feature?
Perhaps in AnyDVD it's not that "awesome" but in CDVD all the more.
:mad:

Regards,
BurnerHEAD

BTW:
@James:
Have you ever read this thread?
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=412

@James:
What's your problem about adding that feature?
Perhaps in AnyDVD it's not that "awesome" but in CDVD all the more.
:mad:

His "problem" is that the function doesn't belong in AnyDVD and Slysoft does not own CloneDVD. IOW, James has no way of adding this functionality to CloneDVD. That falls on Elaborate Bytes to do so. He can request that they add it, but, he has absolutely no control over what they add or not...

hi!

but I wonder now, where the CDVD betas are coming from? :agree:

That's out of the question, wasting my time with sending another email to elby. Or can they be contacted otherwise? Other forums?

Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Back