• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

the drive cannot find the sector requested

krumholz

I have ANYDVD 6.1.4.3 and DVDCLONE 2.8.9.9. and trying to copy the movie THE GOOD SHEPHERD into an IFO file in my hard drive. Once dvdclone does the first part (40 minutes) and tries to write in my hard drive (I tried writing to the DVD burner too) it comes with the message "the drive cannot find the sector requested" C:\CLONE DVD TEMP\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB: read error.
Can someone help me undrestand what is going on? Thanks

1. Use Anydvd 6.1.5.1 and Clonedvd 2.9.0.6
2. Do step 8 from here
2. Run VSO inspector and scan the disc. VSO inspector is a free program. If VSO inspector reports read errors either the disc is damaged/defective or your drive is dying.

Where do I get Anydvd 6.1.5.1.? The website shows 6.1.4.3 as the latest one.

Thanks I got the new release... This is the information on step 8... I will try to run it again and let you know, unless you have better suggestions.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.5.1)
TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R9012 1121 08/18/03
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2045824 sectors (3995 MBytes)
Total size: 4085936 sectors (7980 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_GOOD_SHEPHERD
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Thanks I got the new release... This is the information on step 8... I will try to run it again and let you know, unless you have better suggestions.

1. Ensure you're using Clonedvd 2.9.0.6

2. Do step 3 and 4 from here (note that step 4 requires you to post information).

3. Run VSO inspector and scan the disc. VSO inspector is a free program. If VSO inspector reports read errors either the disc is damaged/defective or your drive is dying.

I instaled the latest clonedvd version 2.9.0.6. and it solved the problem. Thanks for your help.

I instaled the latest clonedvd version 2.9.0.6. and it solved the problem. Thanks for your help.

No problem. I'm glad everything is working.

I strongly recommend updating to Anydvd 6.1.5.3 and Clonedvd 2.9.0.7 by the way.

Back