• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Antigua-based software developer charged for breaching country’s copyright laws

If the court rules against Slysoft, the court has the potential of completely stoping the current Slysoft as a business or just force them to stop the ripping software programs only, or whatever both parties can agree on or what the court rules.

Not if Slysoft moves out of Antigua.

There is simply no comparison to a market for a "Cinavia removal tool," which at this point is pretty much non existent. Besides, what good would such a tool do if AACS and CSS cannot be removed? It would be pointless.

I'm trying to follow your logic but it's just too bizarre for me to be able to do so.

There is simply no comparison to a market for a "Cinavia removal

What are you talking about? comparison to a market for a Cinavia removal tool?

AACS and CSS can and will be removed if not by Slysoft then someone else.

One of the biggest proplems in DVD back-up today is the Cinavia water mark.
Getting rid of Cinavia would be a great benefit and a huge money making business for the individual, company, group or corporation. And of course we know Cinavia removal tool is non-existant, thats why there is a need to develop a Cinavia removal tool.

The only thing bizarre about this is you can't follow the flow of the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Okay, you're really going to have to site some valid sources for that one. Othere than some firmwares that have Cinavea in them, which you can just stay away from, i don't see how it's one of the biggest problems in backup today.

Care to make a case for that statement?

For the two titles that have it?

I believe Giancarlo Bettini is basically the "business side" of the incorporation of Slysoft. (I believe he is mainly involved in the gambling business.) The trial wouldn't "shut Slysoft down," it would kick them out of Antigua. I am willing to bet that they may already have some contingency plan in place if that happens.

Your idea that if Slysoft loses the trial, they should give up on and drop everything that they've spent years developing, and focus on a software tool that only removes Cinavia and does nothing else defies all logic and common sense.

@ PrincipalityFusion

The case I would make that Cinavia is one of the biggest problems for DVD fans to back-up their DVD collection:

Is from friends and relatives who are also DVD fans, Blu-ray and standard definition back-up. And in their words "Cinavia is our biggest pain in the butt"
for backing up some new Blurays and I would certainly agree.

Yes, today Cinavia infection is only on a small amout of Blu-rays and standard definition disks, but with this technology more and more disks will be forthcoming with the Cinavia infection.

The huge forthcoming problem is on June 5, 2009, the licensing agreements for AACS were finalized, which were updated to make Cinavia detection on commercial Blu-ray medium players a requirement. And, potentially has a concern in the future for getting into software playing.

Yes, Cinavia is in the infant stage, but tomorrow it will be a huge problem, unless some one with enought expertise can develope a Cinavia removal tool.

I believe Slysoft is in a great position to be able to develope such a tool, and if they do, huge profits will be forthcoming. And, I beleive this Cinavia removal tool is not under the WIPO control, and thus no legal action on the part of the WIPO.
:agree:

Last edited by a moderator:
@ PrincipalityFusion

The case I would make that Cinavia is one of the biggest problems for DVD fans to back-up their DVD collection:

Is from friends and relatives who are also DVD fans, Blu-ray and standard definition back-up. And in their words "Cinavia is our biggest pain in the butt"
for backing up some new Blurays and I would certainly agree.
While i agree, that if your family only has one way of playing backups and that way has been infected with Cinavia, it would be a pain in the but for you. However, that doesn't really speak for media consumers in general. From articles that i've read and even posts on this forum, Cinavia is not really a problem, YET:(

Yes, today Cinavia infection is only on a small amout of Blu-rays and standard definition disks, but with this technology more and more disks will be forthcoming with the Cinavia infection.
True, only a very small number of disks have them.

The huge forthcoming problem is on June 5, 2009, the licensing agreements for AACS were finalized, which were updated to make Cinavia detection on commercial Blu-ray medium players a requirement. And, potentially has a concern in the future for getting into software playing.
And here we are 2 years later and Cinavia is only just starting to take off. That tells me there are obstacles to a quick implementation for it (hardware, software requirements, business impact considertations, etc)

Yes, Cinavia is in the infant stage, but tomorrow it will be a huge problem, unless some one with enought expertise can develope a Cinavia removal tool.
True, Cinavia is in the infant stage, and it may be a problem in the future if all playback hardware is forced to accept it. However, as long as there are software players that won't have it, that will be the way to go. In my opinion, they will just be speeding along the adoption of full fledged HTPCs on the market as those can be built for cheap without having Cinavia.

I believe Slysoft is in a great position to be able to develope such a tool, and if they do, huge profits will be forthcoming. And, I beleive this Cinavia removal tool is not under the WIPO control, and thus no legal action on the part of the WIPO.
:agree:
Only Slysoft would know for sure whether they are in a great position to be able to develop such a tool and i don't see why Cinavia wouldn't fall under WIPO. AACS doesnt specifically fall under WIPO either, but rather its the general doctrine of trying to protect intellectual property that the studios are using. Since Cinavia, just like AACS and BD+, are meant to protect intellectual property, it should generate the same kinds of complaints when someone attempts to defeat it. This is verified by the fact that Slysoft has been going through this throught the years (with DVD encryption no doubt) so Cinavia would, i would think, be just another point of contention.

Again, as long as there are good software players that won't be infected with Cinavia and people are willing to use something other than a PS3 to play thier backups, i don't see Cinavia as putting an end to backing up media.

Back to beginning

Okay, I'm one of the people who bought the lifetime keys because of the announcement that they were ending.
I'm not upset, I would have bought them anyway, just a bit later.
Products are certainly worth the price, and more.
Great products, great service, great experience. Such a rare combination these days.
Smart people at SlySoft. No worries, they'll survive, support will continue.
Of course, I would be upset if:
I had bought a dozen or so lifetime keys, hoping to sell them at a profit after the lifetime offer had ended.
I wonder if anyone got pranged by trying that?
Hey, I'm just wondering...

Well, scalpers know the risk they take; I have no love for them.

If someone did buy a bunch of lifetime licenses, hoping to take advantage of an uncertain situation and now they are "stuck" with a bunch of licenses they don't need.

Well, that there is what i like to call Karma:clap:

I had bought a dozen or so lifetime keys, hoping to sell them at a profit after the lifetime offer had ended.
I wonder if anyone got pranged by trying that?
Hey, I'm just wondering...

Licenses are not transferable. Selling the licenses wouldn't be legitimate and the people who might buy them from you would have trouble receiving support from Slysoft if they encountered a problem because you are the legally registered user and not them.

When BD movies are processed, I notice the AACS folder is gone and the AnyDVD folder is in its place.

Perhaps these companies are claiming they have found lots of illegally copied movies either on the internet or copied physically and say AnyDVD software did it because that signature is there.

Wouldn't it be smarter to just remove that folder all together when AnyDVD is active? Or at least keep the folder there, and just decrypt the files? At that point, the act is now on the user breaking copyright, and not so much AnyDVD.

there is no signature there. The !ANY folder is only there because its the renamed AACS folder. Remove it from the rip and the disc will play just as good. You can't keep the AACS folder there, as thats the folder that protects the files. Technically the m2ts files are unprotected, its the AACS folder that protects them. You cant decrypt the files without removing the AACS folder

After reading some posts I came across this article http://antiguaspeaks.com/news/?p=2947. It's so strange why slysoft are keep tight lipped at what is quite frankly an appalling way to treat customers. Why advertise an end to a life time license service and then after a month and a half still have it available? Not only that, the way they went about advertising it and now all of a sudden keeping quite is very suspicious.
After reading this article (see link above) it's beggining to make sense. I'm getting the impression they're trying to get all the money they can because they have a very serious court case looming. With film makers and studios going on and on about copyright theft more and more, how long do slysoft expect people are just going to continue letting them carrying making their "back up" software and get away with it. I personally think it's a very good software and here lies the rub. I want to share this thought with everyone just like slysoft very kindly shared their thoughts with me and in public about what would happen if I missed the "deadline". I'm personally starting to think that Anydvd's days are number which is why they did what they did and are doing what they're doing - keeping silent.

You have to remember Slysoft is based in St Johns Antigua, not just because of the beatuiful surrounding areas and landscapes, but because Copyright laws do not apply in this location. Also you must also understand any US based DMCA or similar laws do not apply outside the USA, therefore are void in any other country around the world. The studios despite their power cannot enforce foreign laws on another sovereign country (look at the Pirate Bay for example all their legal threats -same thing). The movie stuidos want everyone to believe all drachonian copyright systems are legally valid in all countries / jurisdictions / locations - but it isnt - see its all lies.

Back