• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New PowerDVD Patch

Could you provide some more info about this one?

The link to it was posted on this forum somewhere.

BTW, with this version the mouse dissappears automatically on HD stuff, before it was always visible and I had to move it to the edge of the screen.

Well, I got it all working now, Blu-ray also.

1. I did the cleanup operation as described above.

2. Installed THIS VERSION User name: PowerDVD Password: L7uF6366

3. Installed this version CyberLinkPowerDVDUltra.exe, This is the one with the blue 'Ultra' flash on the startup screen, sorry don't have a link to this, I have it stored on my PC.

4. Installed the patch with no errors.

This is what I end up with

PowerDVD Ultra(7.3)
UI: 2911
DShow 2911(EVR_LOGO)

Well, 1st attempt I did 1, 2 and 4, that gave me the Blu-ray problem so then I did the 3 and then the patch again. I know it sounds long winded but it didn't take long really.

Dunno why they just don't give users access to the new complete install file.

I thought we established already that they're a bunch of idiots. :D I've been a loyal PowerDVD fan up until this release. After spending 100 bucks on it, I can honestly say I truly hate this version. Every patch you think to yourself "ok, maybe they finally got it right." And then, we get these kinds of experiences. It's ridiculous. I don't find it amusing in the least that a product so ridiculously expensive has had SO many problems.

Well, 1st attempt I did 1, 2 and 4, that gave me the Blu-ray problem so then I did the 3 and then the patch again. I know it sounds long winded but it didn't take long really.

3. Installed this version CyberLinkPowerDVDUltra.exe, This is the one with the blue 'Ultra' flash on the startup screen, sorry don't have a link to this, I have it stored on my PC.

Is the step 3 "CyberLinkPowerDVDUltra.exe" the version that you downloaded in step 2 or a different version?

thanks,

Rich

different, this is the only version i've had that gives the blue 'Ultra' logo on the screen.

To sum up and try and save confusion, using my list above this is the order i did it

1, 2, 4, 3, 4 :)

Last edited:
I thought we established already that they're a bunch of idiots. :D I've been a loyal PowerDVD fan up until this release. After spending 100 bucks on it, I can honestly say I truly hate this version. Every patch you think to yourself "ok, maybe they finally got it right." And then, we get these kinds of experiences. It's ridiculous. I don't find it amusing in the least that a product so ridiculously expensive has had SO many problems.

Amen!

I suggest that everyone register their complaints to Cyberlink.

Any lawyers out there? How about a Class Action suit against Cyberlink in the US?

Last edited:
Cyberstink!

I've given up for now!

Under Vista 32, I tried the Cyberstink provided procedure and I can play HD DVD titles but not Blu-ray.

Now I'm going to the extreme! I'm going to reinstall Vista and try again from scratch!

Why cant they just release a single update .EXE to take care of this problem instead of going through all this jazz?

You dont necessarily need this new patch unless you have a GeForce 8500/8600 or ATI X2000 anyways..right?

Last edited:
Due to the overwhelming popularity of consumers finding a way around these stupid copy protection attempts you would think that some one in power would grow a brain and finally say enough is enough...

The resin they keep upgrading power DVD to the latest but not the greatest is because the movie industry (ie MPAA) has there hand up Powerdvd @ss...

Like some type of F*ck puppet they comply and have to lock in stern on there prices... They have to charge more because of the copy patten holders don't pay and wont pay for what the get as far a a new copy protection device... Its almost like there educated but have lost there intelligence...

The whole proprietary rights crap is a joke and they know it but the resin it exist is because they have to alienate some one when they file there taxes...

The movie keeps reporting record loss and therefore avoids the tax man...
Because loss is unpreventable in business the corporations have found a way to use that as a bend to escape all tax related locks...

Now I own a business fixing computers but have seen that if My losses were equal to or grater then the tax owed I didn't have to pay them...

So I know that that's the game they have been playing for the last 20 years and it is sick but WTF are you going to do about it...

The only way your going to get a good working software is to open source a HD/Bluray-DVD paying software... Open the corporate code and expose it all over the net... making there proprietary rights just a feather light as they are...

Amen!

I suggest that everyone register their complaints to Cyberlink.

Any lawyers out there? How about a Class Action suit against Cyberlink in the US?

As far as this idea goes the software vendor isn't the problem it is the MPAA that the problem lies...
So yes a class action law suit would work but only if you could get a petition signed by half or more of the people who use said software's that are mind controlled by the MPAA... in the end you will be suing the MPAA ...

(binding arbitration is a bitch that's why you need the signatures)

So use this method to bring the giant to its knees...

I think that some one should contact the EFF if they are serious about suing the MPAA...

Last edited:
Not if you don't want to play movies with the latest protection scheme.
If you have AnyDVD HD running, you can use old player software with new movies, because AnyDVD HD *removes* the protection. :D

BTW, I gave up on the new PowerDVD patch, as the most popular bugs (where are the HD HDVD "A, B, C + D" remote keys?) still aren't fixed.

Spent way too much time last night searching & browsing the site for download link to that .exe, but no success. Help appreciated. Cheers.

Last edited:
I've given up for now!

Under Vista 32, I tried the Cyberstink provided procedure and I can play HD DVD titles but not Blu-ray.

Now I'm going to the extreme! I'm going to reinstall Vista and try again from scratch!

Reinstalled Vista 32, installed AnyDVD HD 6.1.5.1, then did a clean install of files 'CyberLink.2605b_TaRe2_MSI_DVD061206-02.exe' and then 'CyberLink.2911_EVR_Logo_DVD070424-02.exe' but I still can't play Blu-ray!

As Florida would say "Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn!!!!".

I'm not giving up though! More to follow......

Reinstalled Vista 32, installed AnyDVD HD 6.1.5.1, then did a clean install of files 'CyberLink.2605b_TaRe2_MSI_DVD061206-02.exe' and then 'CyberLink.2911_EVR_Logo_DVD070424-02.exe' but I still can't play Blu-ray!

As Florida would say "Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn!!!!".

I'm not giving up though! More to follow......

Did you not see my post above ? :)

Did you not see my post above ? :)

I was just reporting on what I've done so far!

I just downloaded from your latest link, and I'm getting ready to try it now!

You're a great resource!

I'll let you know what happens.

roog

Last edited:
This was posted over on avsforum, evidently this is the full version and not a patch. Cyberlink still recommend a full uninstall and clean up.

http://isales.gocyberlink.com/download/CS_Dept/PowerDVD/CyberLink.2911_EVR_Logo_DVD070424-01.exe

User name: PowerDVD
Password: L7uF6366

EDIT: Installed and everything seems to be working including Blu-ray, indeed it is the full version :)

bingobill, you're the man!

The full version got me back in the Blu-ray game.

All Blu-ray titles I've tried, except for the cursed 'Stomp the Yard', are working.

FYI, I uninstalled the previous 2605b/2911 version first and then deleted the files that referenced Cyberslink in the 'C:/Program Files/InstallShield Information' directory.

Just so others will know, to find them, I opened the directories there and looked at the various files by opening them with notepad. I searched for Cyberlink and if I found a reference to it I deleted that directory.

Kudos and many thanks!

roog

Has anyone else noticed that shortcuts from the Start Menu which were outside folders gone during this process?

Yes, bloody annoying that it does this :mad: I can't even remember what was there :confused:

Last edited:
As far as this idea goes the software vendor isn't the problem it is the MPAA that the problem lies...
You can blame the MPAA for a lot of things, but it isn't the fault of the MPAA if Cyberlink is unable to make working software.

Back