• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Drive Won't Read Blank Discs

westlr

I have been using CloneDVD and AnyDVD for over a year now and I've never had any problem. Now whenever I'm trying to burn a dvd I get the message of "Insert Recordable Media". I've tried with both Fugifilm and Memorex. It won't read the blank discs. I have AnyDVD version 6.1.4.3 and CloneDVD version 2.9.0.3. I have updated my firmware and uninstalled the programs, restarted, installed them, and then restarted them and nothing works. I'm running Windows XP. Also, I downloaded Ccleaner and used it and restarted my computer and still nothing. And when I insert and regular movie in the drive it reads it fine. Just not blank ones. What can I do to fix this problem? Thanks for much for all your help.

1. Use Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden Premium, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality (Generic Maxell media is not good, but Maxell Plus and Maxell Broadcast Quality are very good)

2. Do not use Memorex or Fuji

3. Use Anydvd 6.1.5.1 or later (if available).

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.0.6 or later (if available)

5. Your burner might be dying; try it in another system

Last edited:
I have been using CloneDVD and AnyDVD for over a year now and I've never had any problem. Now whenever I'm trying to burn a dvd I get the message of "Insert Recordable Media". I've tried with both Fugifilm and Memorex. It won't read the blank discs. I have AnyDVD version 6.1.4.3 and CloneDVD version 2.9.0.3. I have updated my firmware and uninstalled the programs, restarted, installed them, and then restarted them and nothing works. I'm running Windows XP. Also, I downloaded Ccleaner and used it and restarted my computer and still nothing. And when I insert and regular movie in the drive it reads it fine. Just not blank ones. What can I do to fix this problem? Thanks for much for all your help.

What do you want to read on a blank disc? There is no data for AnyDVD or Clone DVD to see......

What do you want to read on a blank disc? There is no data for AnyDVD or Clone DVD to see......

westlr said:
Now whenever I'm trying to burn a dvd I get the message of "Insert Recordable Media".

westlr's trying to burn. The burner, for whatever reason, isn't recognizing that blank media is in the drive when it's about to burn. Reasons could be junk blank media or a dying burner . . .

Last edited:

What kind of drive is it and firmware version. Don't use Memorex or Fuji. Like Webslinger said, use Verbatim, TY, or Maxell BQ media.

I'm not at home right now but I know that the computer is an HP Pavilion Media Center a1330n Desktop PC. I'm thinking that the drive is an DVD-RW 16X HP DVD Writer 740b Drive because that's what it says on the HP page for the computer and I have not installed any other DVD drives. I got the firmware update from the HP site but it did not seem to help. The firmware version is HI24 released on 08/23/06. Also, the drive will burn cds no problem. It's just the DVDs that it won't burn. I haven't tried any other types of DVD discs yet but I will. The drive is only a year old, is it possible that it's dying even if it will burn cds? Thanks for all the help.

The drive is only a year old, is it possible that it's dying even if it will burn cds?

Yes, it is

I doubt this will help, but do step 3 and 4 from here
(step 4 requires you to post information). I may as well look at your filter information.

I'll do those steps and post the results later on today when I get home. Thanks for the help.

Do those HP computers come preloaded with packet writing software??

I'm not sure if it comes with preloaded with packet writing software.

Here is what I got with the filter check tool.

Filter Check Tool v3.4

No Upper Filters found.

A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
Filterdriver properties are:
Name: AnyDVD
Caption: AnyDVD
Description: AnyDVD
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: AnyDVD
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
Version Info: 6.1.4.3
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: ElbyDelay
Name: ElbyDelay
Caption: ElbyDelay
Description: ElbyDelay
DisplayName: ElbyDelay
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
Version Info: 5.1.0.1
StartMode: Manual
StartName:

A Lower Filter found is: PxHelp20
Name: PxHelp20
Caption: PxHelp20
Description: PxHelp20
DisplayName: PxHelp20
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
Version Info: 2.3.32.0
StartMode: Boot
StartName:

Your filters are fine. And I would still do step 3

Other than that the evidence you presented suggests either an issue with your choice of blank media or a dying burner (test it in another computer).

Last edited:
Sorry forgot to mention that I did do step three before I did step four.

If I were you, I would go to newegg.com and purchase a new LiteOn burner for about $35-$40 and go from there. Just my two cents worth...

:bowdown: :bowdown: WE'RE NOT WORTHY:bowdown: :bowdown:
SLYSOFT is the SHIZNIT!!!

Back