• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pan's Labarynth and DTS audio problem

la2lvtom

Anyone else have problem with Pan's Labarynth when copying the DTS audio track? With both dvd shrink and Clonedvd it freezes at the start of the encoding. I had to copy using the dolby digital audio and it copied just fine. I always copy DTS audio when it is availiable and never had a problem, could it be a disc problem? Also, off topic, why is it of the the new releases this week I can get Stomp the Yard and the Fountain on a HI-DEF disc but not Pan's Labarynth. Stomp The Yard on HI-DEF??????

Most likely reason is that Pans Labyrinth is a foreign language film with a potentially smaller audience.

Pan's Labyrinth was praised by critics for its special effects so what you rather see in Hi Definition fantastic special effects or people dancing?...Also I just defragged and rebooted my computer and still cannot copy it with DTS audio track. Thought I'd try it again.

Put the original into your DVD player and try to play it with the dts track. Is it really there? Sometimes the dts track is listed but not really on the disk because it may be authored onto one release version but not another. Like dts is on one region's release but not another region or there will be a special edition coming in the future on which it is planned to include dts so they included the dts track "folder" (a blank track) on all releases(?)

Just a thought ... I didn't buy this DVD, so I can't check it out. I'm just suggesting what I have encountered on other movies.

Whisperer

Last edited:
Most likely reason is that Pans Labyrinth is a foreign language film with a potentially smaller audience.

That is nothing to do with the copy process. la2lvtom, what version of clonedvd did you use?

I just played the original movie and yes there is a DTS track. I thought maybe it is because it is DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete but I looked back and Saw is also DTS-ES 6.1 and that copied o.k.. I am using Clonedvd2 ver. 2.9.0.3, I believe that is the latest version.

I just played the original movie and yes there is a DTS track. I thought maybe it is because it is DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete but I looked back and Saw is also DTS-ES 6.1 and that copied o.k.. I am using Clonedvd2 ver. 2.9.0.3, I believe that is the latest version.

I had no issues making a backup using CloneDVD 2.9.0.6 beta and AnyDVD 6.1.4.5 beta.

Edit: On a side note, even with the original DVD if I try to listen to the DTS audio with my Apex AD-1500 standalone player I get total silence. I've never had issues with DTS on my Apex player although I rarely if ever make backups where I keep the DTS audio. The DTS audio plays fine on JVC XV-NP10 player.

Last edited:
Edit: On a side note, even with the original DVD if I try to listen to the DTS audio with my Apex AD-1500 standalone player I get total silence. I've never had issues with DTS on my Apex player although I rarely if ever make backups where I keep the DTS audio. The DTS audio plays fine on JVC XV-NP10 player.

I had a similar problem with Alien: Director's Cut R1. The DTS track would drop out every other chapter. Does anyone have an idea how to fix such problems?

Someone try making an uncompressed DL or and uncompressed split SL backup and see if the dts works properly.

Whisperer

Pans Labyrinth

To get the voice on this movie ...on the clonedvd2 when you can change the sound streams page ...on the left side there will be a box to check it will say spanish DTS....this movie is in spanish and make sure the English subtitles box is checked....:)

DTS AUDIO Works...

Someone try making an uncompressed DL or and uncompressed split SL backup and see if the dts works properly.

Whisperer

Used CloneDVD2903 & AnyDVD6143 & a Verb +R DL...uncompressed selected: Main Movie Only, Spanish DTS audio, English Sub titles, and Preserve Menus....plays DTS soundtrack perfectly!...must use Preserved Menu to select English sub titles or use DVD player's remote to display English sub titles.

I had no issues making a backup using CloneDVD 2.9.0.6 beta and AnyDVD 6.1.4.5 beta.

Are you using a home theater DTS compatible?

Are you using a home theater DTS compatible?

I'm just using the DVD player(s) and a widescreen Magnavox LCD TV. Both DVD players are hooked up to the same TV. Both DVD players are DTS certified. I've never run into a problem with DTS on the Apex before but then again the thing was produced back in like 2000. I don't know what changes have been made to DTS since then. The JVC player is maybe 2 yrs old and has no issues. For more reasons that I can count the Apex is a better player but the JVC can handle memory cards (ie digital camera memory cards) and is DivX certified. This is why I have 2 DVD players hooked up to the same TV.

When I get around to building a new system I'll end up turning one of my older ones into a HTPC.

I'm just using the DVD player(s) and a widescreen Magnavox LCD TV. Both DVD players are hooked up to the same TV. Both DVD players are DTS certified. I've never run into a problem with DTS on the Apex before but then again the thing was produced back in like 2000. I don't know what changes have been made to DTS since then. The JVC player is maybe 2 yrs old and has no issues. For more reasons that I can count the Apex is a better player but the JVC can handle memory cards (ie digital camera memory cards) and is DivX certified. This is why I have 2 DVD players hooked up to the same TV.

When I get around to building a new system I'll end up turning one of my older ones into a HTPC.

Well, you have dvd player with DTS logo, but you need a home theater dts compatible to listen the DTS audio. How you connect the DVD player to your TV, by RCA connections, optical or Coaxial? IF you don't use optical or coaxial audio connection then you will not listen the DTS track

Nice thread, and the tip on playing the DVD in PowerDVD first is a keeper.:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I am Having a problem with pans labyrinth as well. My disc copies but the directors voice talks all the way through it. I can barely hear the people in the movie talking. I know they are because I can see their lips moving. It burned very well except for the director talking into the entire movie. Can someone help. Thanks Sherrie.

I am Having a problem with pans labyrinth as well. My disc copies but the directors voice talks all the way through it. I can barely hear the people in the movie talking. I know they are because I can see their lips moving. It burned very well except for the director talking into the entire movie. Can someone help. Thanks Sherrie.

Read this please

By the way, Anydvd handles this title perfectly fine. There's nothing special about it.

This is a Spanish movie, so you need to select the Spanish audio options.

Well thank you to this forum. I had no problems with this one after reading through this thread.

AnyDVD and srink, with nothing special but to delete the right soundtracks.

:bowdown:

Back