• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

pan's labyrinth has no english audio track

kenreed42

When I try to play Pan's Labyrinth on my laptop
I have no english audio.
Same thing when I try to make a back-up copy.
Is there a new copy protection on this dvd?

It's a foreign language film (Spanish). The only English track I have is a director's commentary. Do you have that?

As an aside, I can't even play the movie on my computer. It loops the menu and the FBI warning.

Thank's for the info.......I did'nt know it was in Spanish only!
(I can play the english director's comments on my laptop.)
(Toshiba satellite running windows xp)

I will give the movie a chance......even tho I'm not crazy about sub-title's!

I will give the movie a chance......even tho I'm not crazy about sub-title's!

Yes, it won Best Foreign Film along with a bundle of other awards in various award ceremonies. The FX are supposed to be amazing. I never saw it in the theatre so I'll have to wait until I can get around to watching it in a few days.

Sub-titles can be a pain in the butt but I love Jet-Li's Once Upon a Time in China and the original release of Banlieue 13. It was released later in the US as District 13 and District B13 in Canada with an English audio track instead of French like the original release.

To back up Pan's Labyrinth you will need to use CloneDVD. What happens is the spanish audio is removed when attempting to back up this title and replaced with the "Director's Commentary". Deselect the "Directors Commentary" and select or check off the "Spanish Audio". This will fix the problem of the commentary playing over the movie. There is "No" english audio for this film it's a foreign title with english subtitles.:agree:

Last edited:
actually 'pan's labyrinth' did not win the oscar for best foreign film at this year's academy awards...that honor went to 'the lives of others' from germany.....pan's labyrinth did however win a number of oscars in other categories..

going back to the main focus of this thread...i backed up my copy of 'pan's labyrinth' (region 1) using anydvd and dvdshrink....

I don't think that that's the issue. People are forgetting to add the Spanish track to their audio and just getting director's commentary. lol

My point was why not just use clonecd and Verbatim +R DL. I still do some SL backups, but lately I have been doing DL. Then you don't have to worry about anything except maybe the cost of DL discs.:D

Help

Can anybody help me. I can't get the movie to play without the audio commentary automatically starting. If anyone has any suggestions or solutions, please let me know. The version I have is single disc with no extra features save for the commentary, the prologue and some promotional material. Please help.

Can anybody help me. I can't get the movie to play without the audio commentary automatically starting. If anyone has any suggestions or solutions, please let me know. The version I have is single disc with no extra features save for the commentary, the prologue and some promotional material. Please help.

Did you read the previous posts? This movie is foreign (Spanish), the only English audio track is the director commentary. You need to include the Spanish audio track in your backup.

I don't think that that's the issue. People are forgetting to add the Spanish track to their audio and just getting director's commentary. lol

That was my problem, I have all audio tracks except English normally turned off. So I had a great backup with absolutely no sound. Then I forgot to turn on the English subtitles, so backup #2 had only Spanish sound. A few clicks later and everything was fine with backup #3

Back