• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copying a Copy of a Movie

MMM

I was just wondering what everyone here uses to copy a copy.

Usually, I'll just use DVDShrink to encode and burn a copy of a copy, but sometimes there are errors and Shrink won't finish it's encoding. So, I end up using Roxio DigitalMedia SE (Build: 2.4.31a). For those that don't know what this software is, it's made by Sonic Solutions and came pre-installed on my Vaio laptop. I just use the "Disc Copy" and seems to work when Shrink doesn't.

Does anyone have suggestions for making a quality copy of a copy? I have Nero7. Are there any good disc copying programs on that?

I was just wondering what everyone here uses to copy a copy.

<snip>

Does anyone have suggestions for making a quality copy of a copy? I have Nero7. Are there any good disc copying programs on that?

Well, you could burn a copy to another disc using Nero or you could be more anal like me and rip the DVD to your HDD first and see if there are any errors and then burn it to a blank DVD. If it's already a copy there is no protection to remove. You could use ImgBurn (freeware) to rip an ISO and then burn the ISO with ImgBurn, as well. Or you could use Nero for the burn or ripping to ISO since you already own it. I'm just not a fan of burning from one disc to another on the fly. I, myself, would probably rip it with CloneDVD to my HDD and then burn to a blank disc using Nero 7 with verification turned on.

Most any DVD burning software will make a 1:1 copy.

Most any DVD burning software will make a 1:1 copy.

So, why does Shrink fail to copy sometimes and Roxio's "Disc Copy" works fine? I'm thinking of just using Recode2 for my copies, but I'm just wondering if it is doing any processes that can be left out and quicken the copying process? And are their any disc copying programs that do that?

Last edited:
Well, you could burn a copy to another disc using Nero or you could be more anal like me and rip the DVD to your HDD first and see if there are any errors and then burn it to a blank DVD. If it's already a copy there is no protection to remove. You could use ImgBurn (freeware) to rip an ISO and then burn the ISO with ImgBurn, as well. Or you could use Nero for the burn or ripping to ISO since you already own it. I'm just not a fan of burning from one disc to another on the fly. I, myself, would probably rip it with CloneDVD to my HDD and then burn to a blank disc using Nero 7 with verification turned on.

Yea, I'd rather just "rip on the fly" because then I don't have to worry about going back to my HDD and deleting it... I'll check out ImgBurn. Thanks!

i copy copies ALOT

i use CLONEDVD2 to copy all of my copies..... its easy and fast.... i would NEVER use anything else!!!!

P.S. i copy arould 10-50 copies a day

So, why does Shrink fail to copy sometimes and Roxio's "Disc Copy" works fine? I'm thinking of just using Recode2 for my copies, but I'm just wondering if it is doing any processes that can be left out and quicken the copying process? And are their any disc copying programs that do that?

Because Shrink isn't a burning program and Roxio is. As I said, any DVD copyung software will make 1:1 copies.

AnyDVD and Clone DVD is the way to go

I have only had one movie coping problem using these two coupled software packages and I'ld recommend CloneDVD along with AnyDVD to anyone needing to make DVD Backups. I Back Up all of my kids movies to preserve the originals.

I use clonecd on the fly. If the disc look questionable, then I rip it to the HDD first, then burn it.

I use my home dvd player

Hi Everyone I use my home dvd player to my home dvd recorder after I have copied a disc wahoo works great....

Remember you need to start the movie in the player then start recording....

I need to know how do I make a ISO file in anydvd

anydvd is only a driver, not a burning/copying program. you will need a burning program like nero to make an iso. (you can do it in nero 7 by selecting the "image recorder" as the destination drive, then when you click burn you will have the option of saving the image as a file that is either nrg or iso)

Hi Everyone I use my home dvd player to my home dvd recorder after I have copied a disc wahoo works great....

Remember you need to start the movie in the player then start recording....

I need to know how do I make a ISO file in anydvd

You can use clonecd to make a .dvd image.

anydvd is only a driver, not a burning/copying program. you will need a burning program like nero to make an iso. (you can do it in nero 7 by selecting the "image recorder" as the destination drive, then when you click burn you will have the option of saving the image as a file that is either nrg or iso)

I'm using Roxio easy media creator 7 for burning one of the reasons why I use thjis is because I'm a editor, is nero 7 the only burning software that makes a ISO file ???

of course not!! :eek:

nero is just one example (it happens to be the one that i use) . i believe there are many free iso makers as well as programs to buy that have some sort of trial. these include magic iso, alcohol 120%, nero 7 and others. (i dont know much about roxio, but i would be somewhat surprised if it doesnt have a function for creating isos somewhere)

i use CLONEDVD2 to copy all of my copies..... its easy and fast.... i would NEVER use anything else!!!!

P.S. i copy arould 10-50 copies a day

how do you get it to go fast. is it the media i use that makes mine so slow. i copy about 3 dics a day. would copy more but cant its so slow.

If you can only copy 3 discs a day.....you have some problems. Even CloneDVD can't be that slow.:confused:

how do you get it to go fast. is it the media i use that makes mine so slow. i copy about 3 dics a day. would copy more but cant its so slow.

are you re-encoding it (very time consuming) or just copying?

she... i just purchased it. anydvd and clonedvd2. i put a disc in and takes forever to copy. i have not changed any preferences on the program. i use copy dvd titles for just the main movie. i use dvd+/-r. my discs are dvd + r 16x 4.7gb,2hr. i need to know what to do to make it faster. when i tryed it before i bought it, it was faster. Is it the quality of my disc that is making it slow, or just the prefences.

thank you in advance. i must inform you all that i know little about computers,. my computer is only a year old. so another words i need simple instructions..please help me figure it out.. thanks a million.

Back