• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What 'Speed' blank DVDs should I get?

SoundsGood

It was recommended in another thread that I buy my blank DVDs online, in bulk, and that I stick to either Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden DVDs. Fair enough. Now I just need to know what speed blank DVDs I should be buying.

I think my DVD burner is an 8X burner. If so, does that mean I should be buying 8X blank DVDs? What would happen if I used 16X blanks?

If it helps, my drive is here and here.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and if anyone can provide a link to a hot deal, that would be great! ;)

It was recommended in another thread that I buy my blank DVDs online, in bulk, and that I stick to either Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden DVDs. Fair enough. Now I just need to know what speed blank DVDs I should be buying.

I think my DVD burner is an 8X burner. If so, does that mean I should be buying 8X blank DVDs? What would happen if I used 16X blanks?

If it helps, my drive is here and here.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and if anyone can provide a link to a hot deal, that would be great! ;)

I gave you links on the other thread you had. For TY SL use the Premium 8x -R. For +DL use the 6x. If at some point you get another burner (16x-20x), the 8x TYs can usually be burned at a higher speed than 8x.

I gave you links on the other thread you had.
Yep, spotted (and replied) just a minute ago. It wasn't my thread so I didn't wanna ask a new question there.

Thanks for your help! :)

The Meritline and Supermediastore, yes. The Amazon does not say Premium line. There are also valueline TY that are not quite as reliable.

One other thing to remember, if the link you provided is your drive, Dell DVD C3284-A00, then this will only write to -R only and is not a dual/double layer. It does not list +R or +/-R DL.

One other thing to remember, if the link you provided is your drive, Dell DVD C3284-A00, then this will only write to -R only and is not a dual/double layer. It does not list +R or +/-R DL.
Yep, that's the correct drive. I'll make sure I only get the -R.

Any thoughts on SuperMediaStore vs. Meritline, other than price?

Have used both - one normally has free shipping and the other doesn't. Both are reputable and easy to work with.

I decided to go with SuperMediaStore. Thanks for the help.

I just bought the "Taiyo Yuden Premium 8X DVD-R Media Silver Thermal Lacquer 100 in cake box" from supermediastore.com. No problems. And the discs work great.

Came on-time. Packaged fine.

I just bought the "Taiyo Yuden Premium 8X DVD-R Media Silver Thermal Lacquer 100 in cake box" from supermediastore.com...
I was just about to order mine when I remembered that I'm going out of town soon for a few days. I'll have to order when I get back.

Back