• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

never DVD player won't play back ups but older one will?

lakerat

I bought a new toshiba progresive scan dvd player for my t.v. It will play some back ups but not others? Why?

I bought a new toshiba progresive scan dvd player for my t.v. It will play some back ups but not others? Why?

Any problems with your previous player?
Some players will not play all formats. (ie +R) Check the documentation for the player to see if your disks are supported. If you are creating backups with +R media, you should booktype to -Rom for greater compatibility.
Another concdideration, is that some players are just plain picky in what they will play. A sad fact is that the cheaper ones seem to play anything thrown at them.

dvd-r

Format is D.V.D-R, It is a cheapo unit. 32.00 @ costco. My upstairs unit is a JVC and work fine upstairs. I guess I'll return it?

Format is D.V.D-R, It is a cheapo unit. 32.00 @ costco. My upstairs unit is a JVC and work fine upstairs. I guess I'll return it?

Any differences in media brand or type between the ones that will and will not play?
Given the fact that your older unit will play the disks, that the new one is rejecting, I would say return, and try something else. Costco's return policy is outstanding.

Back