• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Clash disables AnyDVD

Brock Macpherson

May I preface my problem with the fact that I have been successfully running AnyDVD for the last four years. During that time I have never had a disc that couldn't be scanned by AnyDVD, until now. When I put in a copy of 'The Essential Clash' ISBN D-7389-0303-5 a Sony Music Entertainment C 2003 inner ring markings say DVDL - 081730A1, AnyDVD locks up (the balloon stays on forever) and does not scan the disc. Additionally, if I try a different disc right away AnyDVD appears to have been corrupted and I have to remove the program and reinstall to make it work properly again. I am unable to 'create a logfile' so there appears to be no way to document the problem as suggested in the FAQ forum. The Clash disc plays in two different stand alone players and will play on my computer if I "disable' AnyDVD after I reinstall. I'm not worried about a fix for this, as my antiquated and outdated DVD Decrypter program read the disc without a hitch. I just thought it was odd that this is the only disc I have ever encountered to beat AnyDVD.

Have had identical problem with the same Clash "Essentials" disk. SlySoft people -- do you read this?

I am unable to 'create a logfile'
Then do this:
With NO DISC in the drive, create an EMPTY DRIVE Logfile and attach to your next reply.

SlySoft people -- do you read this?
These forums are primarily user to user, although SlySoft contribute as and when their time allows.

I'm sure this reply, from Frank (SlySoft Support Team), applies to the ALL the forums here:
the developers have enough to do without surfing the Forums

Last edited:
Have had identical problem with the same Clash "Essentials" disk. SlySoft people -- do you read this?
Did you read the rules etc, this is essentially a USER forum. Going by their past record I'm pretty sure this was fixed a long time ago

Yes. And now what?
What disc is this? EAN/UPC number? Amazon link?

Then do this:
With NO DISC in the drive, create an EMPTY DRIVE Logfile and attach to your next reply.

These forums are primarily user to user, although SlySoft contribute as and when their time allows.

I'm sure this reply, from Frank (SlySoft Support Team), applies to the ALL the forums here:
Even better:
1.) Disable the "copy protection based on..." setting
2.) Create logfile
3.) Revert to default settings

How long did you let AnyDVD scan? Let it run at least 10 minutes. Do you see disc activity during the scan?

You've got our attention, but...

May I preface my problem with the fact that I have been successfully running AnyDVD for the last four years. During that time I have never had a disc that couldn't be scanned by AnyDVD, until now. When I put in a copy of 'The Essential Clash' ISBN D-7389-0303-5 a Sony Music Entertainment C 2003 inner ring markings say DVDL - 081730A1, ....

Is this the one?

http://www.amazon.com/Clash-Essential/dp/B00009PJSX/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1295715057&sr=8-2

and of course answer the request from James.

The post you are quoting was posted almost 3 years ago. tomaustin did a necropost.

And your point is ???:doh:
He is referencing a problem that no one including the mods and staff showed any interest in helping the OP. His question is justifiable.

Last edited:
And your point is ???:doh:
He is referencing a problem that no one including the mods and staff showed any interest in helping the OP. His question is justifiable.

My point is that the person Frank was asking the question of has only posted one time and that was almost 3 years ago. I doubt he is going to answer.
However, tomaustin may be able to answer the question if and when he checks in with this thread.

It is still orderable

The post you are quoting was posted almost 3 years ago.

tomaustin did a necropost.

You can still order that relic and the original input does say it is from 2003, packaged again or not. 8)

Back