• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

System Lock up

MyJeni

When I have AnyDVD enabled and I insert a DVD into the drive my entire system locks up. I have uninstalled AnyDVD and reinstalled. I upgrade every time I am notified and am currently on 6.1.4.3. This problem started about two upgrades ago. When I disable anyDVD, my drive reads the discs fine.

Drive: TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-L532M HR08 07/23/05
Driver: 5.1.2535.0
Region: 1
AnyDVD version: 6.1.4.3
System: Windows XP Pro
Lower Filters: AnyDVD
PxHelp20
Upper Filters: GEARAspiWDM

I would really appreciate any help you can offer!

Last edited:
Is another program trying to access the disc at the same time? I found that if I was erasing a disc or writing to it in ImgBurn, my whole computer would freeze if I did something to AnyDVD which would cause it to access the DVD.

No other programs are open. I've tried everything from starting the rebooting with AnyDVD autostart disabled, letting everything load, then enabling to starting the computer with AnyDVD enabled. No matter what I do, when I insert a disc with AnyDVD enabled the computer freezes up. I've been using AnyDVD coupled with CloneDVD extensively for a year or more now and this is the first problem I've ever had with it.
Do you at least know where I can go to get an older version of AnyDVD so that I can get things working again?

Had to revert to 6.1.3.3

I've been using AnyDVD for a year or more now and upgrade religiously... every time I'm notified. Unfortunately I haven't been able to even read a DVD when AnyDVD is enabled since the last two revisions. I've done everything in these forums, including requesting an I/O patch. I haven't received the patch, but I wanted to go ahead and get back to functioning, so I tried to get stuff working by uninstalling and installing 6.1.3.3. Guess what, IT WORKS NOW!

Based on the above, does anyone have any idea what I can do to get the newer revisions to work for me again. I would really like to make a back-up of my Eragon DVD so that the original doesn't get ruined.

:bowdown: Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :bowdown:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Try this:

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Anydvd 6.1.4.5 beta
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Install Anydvd 6.1.4.5 beta
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

Last edited:
Also, while this wouldn't explain the lockups, is DMA enabled for your burner?

I would really like to make a back-up of my Eragon DVD so that the original doesn't get ruined.

If all else fails just stay with 6.1.3.3. You don't need the newest version of AnyDVD to crack Eragon, it only has CSS and RCE encryption, no Sony junk. :D

Did you try this yet with Anydvd 6.1.4.5?

Try this:

c) Reboot
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732

Did you try this yet with Anydvd 6.1.4.5?

Try this:

c) Reboot
i) Reboot
Finally! I have victory! I actually have two HP Pavilion ZD8000 laptops that this happened to and I have both of them working again. Thank you so much for your help! The CCleaner did the trick.

Finally! I have victory! I actually have two HP Pavilion ZD8000 laptops that this happened to and I have both of them working again. Thank you so much for your help! The CCleaner did the trick.

I'm glad everything is working for you! :clap:

Back