• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

burn programs

farmerdave

i love slysoft, have not had any problems with any burns. but i did load the new vista on one of my computers, it played havoc with early version Roxio, and nero - which were great programs as you could go direct disc to disc, main movie only, and english only-----it was fast this way with no imaging etc....
but the new vista ready roxio and nero were a little trouble, and you cannot burn just the main movie, they must be idiots, i called them and they told me that they cannot allow people to burn the main movie only.
now i have to burn the special ones on my xp platform with early roxio that works great.
does anyone know of any vista ok,good burn programs out there that work direct disc to disc? otherwise of course i would have gotten clone or anything slysoft puts out.
with kids you have to be able to burn dvds for them to destroy and still keep the originals in good shape.

I would suggest getting CloneDVD. It supposedly works with Vista. Or, you can keep doing your copying on the XP PC.

Just continue using XP. At this point in Vista's life-cycle, you're simply paying to be a Beta tester for Microsoft. Wait until the first Service Pack is released, at least. Personally, I'm looking forward more to XP SP3 than eventually installing Vista.

Personally, I'm looking forward more to XP SP3 than eventually installing Vista.

Uh oh. That could be problematic for you. I don't believe MS plans to ever actually release XP SP3...it's their way of saying "thanks, XP users, but, screw you until you buy Vista." :D And yes, I know, that sucks.

Uh oh. That could be problematic for you. I don't believe MS plans to ever actually release XP SP3...it's their way of saying "thanks, XP users, but, screw you until you buy Vista." :D And yes, I know, that sucks.

Sounds like something M$ would do... though I still hope to see a SP3 release eventually. I'd heard it'd been delayed until the Q2 or Q3 this year. In any case, I see no reason why Microsoft couldn't at least collect all the post-SP2 security releases together and make an SP3 of that, at the very least.

Either way, though, it's not like I'll be paying full price for Vista when I do buy it. My school will be offering Vista Ultimate, and several versions of Office 2007 for considerably reduced prices... probably around $100 for Vista, and not much more for Office... which is one of the ways I stick it to M$; at least they don't get all my money.

Sounds like something M$ would do... though I still hope to see a SP3 release eventually. I'd heard it'd been delayed until the Q2 or Q3 this year. In any case, I see no reason why Microsoft couldn't at least collect all the post-SP2 security releases together and make an SP3 of that, at the very least.

Either way, though, it's not like I'll be paying full price for Vista when I do buy it. My school will be offering Vista Ultimate, and several versions of Office 2007 for considerably reduced prices... probably around $100 for Vista, and not much more for Office... which is one of the ways I stick it to M$; at least they don't get all my money.

I'm running Ultimate and actually like it quite a bit. I have an MSDN subscription so I didn't pay for it directly. As for why MS won't do a rollup of post-SP2 stuff, it's simply that they want to force as many people as they can to Vista. Although, don't count out the corporate world...they may pressure MS into delivering. We'll see how it goes.

Yep, cost the company I work for a kings ransom to get all the programs they use converted to work with XP from NT2k. They had used that for years. I doubt they have any plans to make a switch to Vista, especially with all the "normal" programs that don't work with it now. Trying to get their proprietary programs to work with it would be a nightmare.

I would suggest getting CloneDVD. It supposedly works with Vista. Or, you can keep doing your copying on the XP PC.

thank you for you note back. i did do the trial version of clone, i opened it and did not know what to do next....it wanted an image etc..
but because i always used the direct disc to disc i had no image program which you must need before you use the clone, which i heard has the way to get the main movie only feature. its just so slow to go through the image and then burn, but maybe i will have to in the future. with direct disc burn its pretty fast and i can do 4-5 movies in very little time.......
i thought there might be another good direct disc to disc program. roxio was so cool before and it had all the options and worked great on there basic programs out earlier. sure worked great with xp. nero was ok, but not with options.....roxio basic 5--came with the plextor burner --is just super dooper with xp
vista ultimate--the only one to get - has some cool features, but is tough with compatibility. the new 2007 word is pretty good.......the compatible - and overly complicated new versions of nero and roxio are just junk with all kinds of extra crud that you would never use, and they MINIMIZE the functions for the burning programs. they got to be nuts. instead of a simple program for burning they try to take priority over everything else in your system, whew , what a mess. they would sell millions of there programs if they got real.

cannot get on anymore!!

not sure what happened but i cant get on anymore.......i always like watching and learning.
i have had a lot of trouble lately with copying, i keep hearing the directors version, or the voice of the directors instead of the movie, anyone elso out there with the same experinces?

not sure what happened but i cant get on anymore.......i always like watching and learning.
i have had a lot of trouble lately with copying, i keep hearing the directors version, or the voice of the directors instead of the movie, anyone elso out there with the same experinces?

No, because most people select the AC3/6 audio track instead of the AC3/2 audio track. :D Seriously, though, select the 6 track audio to get the correct audio.

Back