• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

cannot play copied dvd on my dvd player

romeo

Clone DVD saves the output as many IFO, VOB & BUP files which are playble on the computer but i cannot play them on my dvd player. The DVD player does not recognize the copie dvd.
Thanks

I am hvaing the same problem and I have the latest version of any dvd. I am using Fuji film DVD + R. I do not get any error while using Clone DVD. When I try to play the copied DVD it opens as Audio_ts and Video_ts folrder and on clicking the video_ts folder it shows the IFO files which are playable on the computer but it does not play on my dvd player.
Thanks

I tried your suggestions but still have the same problem.

I am hvaing the same problem and I have the latest version of any dvd. I am using Fuji film DVD + R. I do not get any error while using Clone DVD. When I try to play the copied DVD it opens as Audio_ts and Video_ts folrder and on clicking the video_ts folder it shows the IFO files which are playable on the computer but it does not play on my dvd player.
Thanks

Is this an ongoing problem or did it just start? Fugi media is not very good unless it's MIJ (Made in Japan) The problem you describe is, as mmdavis pointed out, generally media and player incompatibility.

1. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10
2. Use good quality media only (Memorex, Ritek, Fuji, Princo, and Maxell that is not made in Japan are not good quality media)
visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4764653&postcount=25
and
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250
3. Try lowering your burn speed a little (if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x or 8x instead of 16x)
4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom"
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)

5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)
6. Try setting a custom size of 4300 in whatever burning program you're using (but if you're using good media, you shouldn't have to) if you're using regular single layer dvd-5 (4.7GB) discs.

Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs (see step 6)
and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")

Last edited:
Answers:

1. Any DVD version 6.1.4.3
CLONE DVD version 2.9.0.3

2. No packet writing software in the system

a) Any DVD version 6.1.4.3
b)Matshita UJ-820S
c) None

a) Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest & Crank
b) Region 1
c) US
d) Do not know

5. I have a Toshiba laptop A75-S2112. not sure how to find the optical reader adn writer.

a) Fuji Film
b) DVD +R
c) 120 min, 4.7gb
d) 5291F1512+03328E09
e) Made in Taiwan

7. initally it was maximum but reduced it to 4x

8. Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.4.3)
MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-820S 1.50 405100KME1580122498
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2054576 sectors (4012 MBytes)
Total size: 4096043 sectors (8000 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: PIRATES_OF_THE_CARIBBEAN_2
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed Macrovision RipGuard protection!
Found & removed error zones between files!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

9. i do not get any error but when i try to play the new copied dvd in my dvd player, it does not play. When I play it in my computer a folder opens with IFO, VOB files and i have to click on them to play the movie. Before i could just play them without this folder coming up.

Let me know if I you need any other information.
thanks

LowerFilters -- REG_MULTI_SZ -- ElbyDelay Any DVD PxHelp20 drvmcdb Pfc sscdbhk5 Cdr4_xp

UpperFilters -- REG_MULTI_SZ -- Cdralw2kpwd_2k

sending my lower & upper filter as having the same problem... hope you do not mind it...i do not think i have an packet writting software..
Thanks,

drvmcdb - Used by Sonic and Veritas. Yet unknown in which software it is used (possibly backup software).

A Shared Driver Component used by Veritas and Sonic Solutions. Yet unknown which program it belongs to.

Used by Roxio Easy Media Creator, WinOnCD 6, DragtoDisc and DirectCD.

Dragtodisc and Directcd are packet writing software. bad bad bad

Cdralw2kpwd_2k

Used by Roxio Easy Media Creator, WinOnCD 6.

Uninstall the software that installed the filters I quoted. Then check to ensure what I quoted is no longer listed in your filters.

Answers:

1. Any DVD version 6.1.4.3

Use Anydvd 6.1.4.5 or later

CLONE DVD version 2.9.0.3

Use Clonedvd 2.9.0.6 or later

2. No packet writing software in the system

Your filters from the other thread indicate otherwise.

Matshita UJ-820S

That's your burner--not a burning application.

Cheap (Panasonic OEM) drives, which is why laptop companies love them . . .

Also there are region code related issues . . . Matshita should be avoided. Click http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=637240&postcount=2

They also tend to die quickly.

No. According to your filters, you have tons installed.

5. I have a Toshiba laptop A75-S2112. not sure how to find the optical reader adn writer.

It's your Matshita drive.

a) Fuji Film
b) DVD +R
c) 120 min, 4.7gb
d) 5291F1512+03328E09
e) Made in Taiwan

1. Bad blank media. Use Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden Premium, Maxell Plus or Maxell Broadcast quality

2. If you're using +R blank media, ensure the booktype is set to "dvd-rom" as this helps to ensure compatibility in
standalone dvd players.

7. initally it was maximum but reduced it to 4x

8x or 12x should be fine

Do not post about the same issue in two separate threads, as it makes it very difficult to troubleshoot issues properly.

1 thread per issue

:policeman:

drvmcdb - Used by Sonic and Veritas. Yet unknown in which software it is used (possibly backup software).

A Shared Driver Component used by Veritas and Sonic Solutions. Yet unknown which program it belongs to.

Used by Roxio Easy Media Creator, WinOnCD 6, DragtoDisc and DirectCD.

Dragtodisc and Directcd are packet writing software. bad bad bad

Used by Roxio Easy Media Creator, WinOnCD 6.

Uninstall the software that installed the filters I quoted. Then check to ensure what I quoted is no longer listed in your filters.

Removed Roxio Easy Media Creator. Do not have Dragtodisc & directcd. checked the filters but there is no change. Same as before

Use Anydvd 6.1.4.5 or later

Use Clonedvd 2.9.0.6 or later

Your filters from the other thread indicate otherwise.

That's your burner--not a burning application.

Cheap (Panasonic OEM) drives, which is why laptop companies love them . . .

Also there are region code related issues . . . Matshita should be avoided. Click http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=637240&postcount=2

They also tend to die quickly.

No. According to your filters, you have tons installed.

It's your Matshita drive.

1. Bad blank media. Use Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden Premium, Maxell Plus or Maxell Broadcast quality

2. If you're using +R blank media, ensure the booktype is set to "dvd-rom" as this helps to ensure compatibility in
standalone dvd players.

8x or 12x should be fine

Slysoft website does not have the version you give for Any DVD and Clone. i have the ones which they on thier website. Please let me know where you got the latest version from so i can download them.

Removed Roxio Easy Media Creator. Do not have Dragtodisc & directcd. checked the filters but there is no change. Same as before

Well, you can manually select and remove the specific filters I mentioned. However, the software that installed those filters will no longer work.

I have downloaded the latest version. do not know how to delete the filters??
anything else that needs to be done?

I have downloaded the latest version. do not know how to delete the filters??
anything else that needs to be done?

Those filters I quoted need to go. Either figure out what software installed them (and uninstall those programs) or delete them manually (in regedit, right click on lowerfilters and upperfilters and select "modify"--only remove the ones I quoted here). Keep in mind if you do this, the programs that originally installed them will no longer function properly.

Last edited:
I have deleted the said filters. I do not have any upper filters as i deleted the only one Cdralw2k.

Back