• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Tvix 4100sh Plays Ripped Blu Ray Files?

mick2006

For those of you waiting for a media streamer that plays ripped blu ray files, the Tvix 4100sh might be our dream come true. Some have reported on AVS forum that the rips play from their pc to the Tvix 4100sh with little to no stutter. I have one of these units myself and have just ordered the Sony blu ray burner so I will report back with my own findings shortly. Anyone else out there with one of these units care to comment?

For those of you waiting for a media streamer that plays ripped blu ray files, the Tvix 4100sh might be our dream come true. Some have reported on AVS forum that the rips play from their pc to the Tvix 4100sh with little to no stutter. I have one of these units myself and have just ordered the Sony blu ray burner so I will report back with my own findings shortly. Anyone else out there with one of these units care to comment?

will be waiting to hear your results...i noticed after a quick search this seems to be only available from the UK? would be really interested to hear how it makes out with h.264 bluray streams...

thanks for the info!

No, I live in the states and purchased mine from DigitalConnection-I think they are located in California. I will post reslults once I get my blu ray burner.

No, I live in the states and purchased mine from DigitalConnection-I think they are located in California. I will post reslults once I get my blu ray burner.

yeah I see backordered...interesting, there's a "1080P" check mark next to it on the main ad, but the specs say "up tp 1080i"

i assume it't a 3.5 " sata internal? how easy to install and remove? would be great for adding files quickly

It took less than 5 minutes to install the 3.5 sata drive, you basically just pop it in and then transfer whatever you want from your PC onto the 4100's sata drive. This is a great feature since many times you don't want to boot up your computer so you can watch something. By the way, I did see a post on AVS forums that tvixbox.com might have some units.

It took less than 5 minutes to install the 3.5 sata drive, you basically just pop it in and then transfer whatever you want from your PC onto the 4100's sata drive. This is a great feature since many times you don't want to boot up your computer so you can watch something. By the way, I did see a post on AVS forums that tvixbox.com might have some units.

does this play .ts files direct?
anyway, I ordered where you got yours, they are expecting a big shipment in a couple of weeks (i can wait ) the price is cheaper, although they said order now as it's going up another $20 by June 1st.

thanks again for the info!!

Wise choice, yes they play .ts files directly over LAN, or you can play them by putting them on a usb jump/hard drive. This device gives you many options for playing your files. Like I said however, I can't wait to test the ripped blu ray files-that will be the ultimate test since their bit rates are up around 45 mpbs.

No support for VC-1? Fuggedaboutit! I'll wait for a product that does H.264, VC-1 and MPEG-2 at high bitrates, with support for Matroska container. This new generation of media players don't fit the bill, so it'll be another year of waiting. Oh well.

Ok,
I have had limited time to work with the material since I got my blu ray burner, but so far this is what I have found:

1) Blu Ray MPEG 2 rips will stream without flaw and look just like the disc!! (I ripped Terminator 2 and it was a mirror of the disc)

2) I ripped Chicken Little AVC/MPEG 4, and I couldn't stream it (it seems to play but there is no picture or audio, just a blank black screen). I transfer the file over to the 4100's hard drive and try and play it from there. I will let all of you know how it goes. I don't think that it will work because the bit rate is too high with AVC transfers, but I will give it a shot.

Some more info.:
I can not get the main movie stream (MPEG 4) to play either via LAN or the 4100'2 internal hard drive. However, I can get many of the smaller clips that are in MPEG4 to work (at least I am assuming they are also in MPEG4-definatley high definition). For example, the intro. stuff plays beautifully, but when I play the main movie file all I get is a black screen with no audio. If anyone has any ideas let me know. At the moment I am ripping all my blu ray MPEG 2 discs to the 4100's hard drive.

Back