• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

how to play myripped HDDVD

bdee1

ok dumb question here - but i am ripping one of my owned HDDVD discs to my hard drive using anydvd (right click the fox and choose rip HDDVD).

i knwo that with ripped DVD's i can double click on the Video_TS.ifo file to launch the movie.

with a ripped HDDVD, which file to i launch to play the movie? (I have an HDCP compliant video card and tv and i have cyperlink for playing the HDDVD movies.)

ok dumb question here - but i am ripping one of my owned HDDVD discs to my hard drive using anydvd (right click the fox and choose rip HDDVD).

i knwo that with ripped DVD's i can double click on the Video_TS.ifo file to launch the movie.

with a ripped HDDVD, which file to i launch to play the movie? (I have an HDCP compliant video card and tv and i have cyperlink for playing the HDDVD movies.)

Use the 'Open movie file on hard disk drive' option by clicking on the down arrow just to the right of the 'drive' icon which is just below and to the right of the 'play' button on the lower left side of the player. Select the movie folder not the individual files. You must have PowerDVD Ultra for this to work.

you can also double click the .xpl file and it will play

if i go into cyberlink and go to open folder from hard drive, and browse to the rip folder, it wont let me choose it (the OK button is disabled).

and i tried double clicking on the .xpl file which launches cyberlink, but i just get a black screen.

if it matters, the title in question is Miami Vice.

it sure does.

an if i play the movie from the attached hddvd drive, they play just fine. and if i click on some of the other files in the ripped folder it will play portions - like one of the menus or one of the bonus features or something. but i cant find a file that launches the full active main menu.

it sure does.

an if i play the movie from the attached hddvd drive, they play just fine. and if i click on some of the other files in the ripped folder it will play portions - like one of the menus or one of the bonus features or something. but i cant find a file that launches the full active main menu.

any ideas why this won't work?

i ripped a few others and i get the same thign with them.

although now when i go to open movie from hard drive in powerdvd ultra the OK button is enabled but when i click OK i get the following error:

FSE_FAILED: Failed to Open the File.
Using File "".

i have tried 3 different movies that i ripped with anyDVDHD.

i ripped a few others and i get the same thign with them.

although now when i go to open movie from hard drive in powerdvd ultra the OK button is enabled but when i click OK i get the following error:

FSE_FAILED: Failed to Open the File.
Using File "".

i have tried 3 different movies that i ripped with anyDVDHD.

That sounds like the error you get when you try to play files that are on another computer on a network. If that's the case, you need to map the drive to your local computer.

Better yet, put the movie on your local hard drive because playing HD movies across a network can be problematic if your network is not fast enough.

that seemed o do the trick - i mapped a drive to the network folder where the movie was stored and and now the movies play. network is gigabit ethernet so speed seems ok.

only remining problem is that when i open clerks 2, it loads the menu but there are no optiosn displayed so i dont kwno hwo to actually play the movie from there.

although it does the same thign if i play the movie right from the HDDVD disc in cyberlink too.

that seemed o do the trick - i mapped a drive to the network folder where the movie was stored and and now the movies play. network is gigabit ethernet so speed seems ok.

only remining problem is that when i open clerks 2, it loads the menu but there are no optiosn displayed so i dont kwno hwo to actually play the movie from there.

although it does the same thign if i play the movie right from the HDDVD disc in cyberlink too.

Make sure that 'Enable mouse in HD DVD' is checked in the Power DVD configuration menu.

i just checked and the enable mouse option is already checked. but just to clarify, its not that i dotn knwo how to select the play movie option, its that there is no play movie option displayed on the screen. just the menu background and animation.

i just checked and the enable mouse option is already checked. but just to clarify, its not that i dotn knwo how to select the play movie option, its that there is no play movie option displayed on the screen. just the menu background and animation.

I haven't seen anyone else with this problem. Can you play the EVO file directly by right clicking on it and selecting 'Open With' option to select PowerDVD?

probably - which evo file do i use? theres a bunch of them

m,iami disc

hello ...i had this problem....i found out that i had to go to the movie file on powerdvd (the ok button is greyed out) then click again and a dropdown folder will appear...click that (the ok button will now work) and the movie will now play...hope this helps

Try the largest one first.

i tried the largest one (almost 10 GB) called feature1.evo and it opened cyberlink and just sat at a black screen. the only evos that opened and played were some of the special features.

Back