• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.4.3 is very slow

When "processing" a newly inserted DVD, the new version of ANY-DVD is very much slower that the old version to get to the "Ready" point.
No. This only depends on how many titlesets are on the disc. Newer Sony movies have 99 title sets and take quite long to scan.

I only used the new Ripper to test it, I use CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD for all my backups and it never let me down. I would only use the ripper if I had a " problem movie: that could not be ripped with AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.

Negative. If CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD fail, the ripper will also fail. The ripper uses code from CloneDVD2 now, so, they are essentially the same ripping engines.

Negative. If CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD fail, the ripper will also fail.

I'm not sure I agree with that as Anydvd ripper does a full disc backup, whereas in Clonedvd you might be able to get around issues by choosing to remove specific titlesets. Otherwise, if you're doing a full disc backup in Clonedvd, then I agree.

I'm not sure I agree with that as Anydvd ripper does a full disc backup, whereas in Clonedvd you might be able to get around issues by choosing to remove specific titlesets. Otherwise, if you're doing a full disc backup in Clonedvd, then I agree.

Please reread what I said...if CloneDVD fails, the ripper will fail. He was saying if CloneDVD failed, he would then attempt to use the ripper. There is no point in doing so.

I see exactly the same thing, i.e., slow. I have used AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 to clone at least 40 DVDs in the past 2 months. It always takes between 28 and 32 minutes to clone 7.5GB (no compression). The new AnyDVD took 65 and 66 minutes for the two disks I did today. These are series disks so they are very similar in size and content.

However, this problem may have something to do with compression. I cloned two more disks at about 50% compression to fit on a standard DVD. This process usually takes about 15 minutes but took only 20 minutes today.

Please reread what I said...if CloneDVD fails, the ripper will fail. He was saying if CloneDVD failed, he would then attempt to use the ripper. There is no point in doing so.

Oh, whoops sorry . . .

I misinterpreted what was written after reading about another issue.

Oh, whoops sorry . . .

I misinterpreted what was written after reading about another issue.

No biggie. Just wanted to clarify what I was saying. It goes along with what James has always said...if you have CloneDVD, use CloneDVD to rip. The ripper should only be used in the case of people needing to rip for DVD Shrink...and then only if you don't have CloneDVD. Since they're now using the same engine, if you try CloneDVD, like what Slyfox1 was saying, and it fails, the AnyDVD Ripper is not going to help you. In both instances you will have to wait for AnyDVD to be updated. Of course, in CloneDVD it's possible you can find the offending titleset and remove it, so, CloneDVD is clearly always the better option.

No. This only depends on how many titlesets are on the disc. Newer Sony movies have 99 title sets and take quite long to scan.

Checked out a couple of more "stable" DVDs and what you state is in fact the case. It's the Sony DVDs with 99 VOBs that are slow to go..

Compression will always take longer than no compression; you're adding in the extra step of transcoding.

Please reread my comment. I said the time doubled without compression but increased only slightly when compressed.

Please reread my comment. I said the time doubled without compression

Oh, that wasn't clear to me. Regardless, I can't reproduce your issue on three different systems. In order for your test to be accurate, you would have to use the exact same discs. Scratches, dirty discs, etc., can increase ripping times (as can having other programs running in the background).

Last edited:
Of course, in CloneDVD it's possible you can find the offending titleset and remove it, so, CloneDVD is clearly always the better option.

:agree:
Yes, that was the point I was making (but I misinterpreted what you wrote).

:agree:
Yes, that was the point I was making (but I misinterpreted what you wrote).

I had a feeling. :) (For anyone wondering about this concept, we started out doing this with Saw 3 when it first came out and AnyDVD wasn't yet updated to handle it...basically what you do is click on each titleset in CloneDVD and see if it plays. If it errors, click through the error and then unselect that titleset. Rinse and repeat as needed. This allows you to remove titlesets that AnyDVD hasn't been updated to handle thus making a backup of a title before Slysoft even does an update. :) )

I had a feeling. :) (For anyone wondering about this concept, we started out doing this with Saw 3 when it first came out and AnyDVD wasn't yet updated to handle it...basically what you do is click on each titleset in CloneDVD and see if it plays. If it errors, click through the error and then unselect that titleset. Rinse and repeat as needed. This allows you to remove titlesets that AnyDVD hasn't been updated to handle thus making a backup of a title before Slysoft even does an update. :) )

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if there isn't an issue producing a full disc backup of Deja Vu and UFC 65 (region 2) with Clonedvd2/Anydvd ripper.

Back