• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd 6.1.5.3 beta

Thanks for the responses. I will try playing disc tonight with AnyDVD running and post results. Would prefer to use AnyDVD as the ripper (rather than DVD Shrink) provided it plays off the hard drive and creates a file compliant with Shrink if I want to make backup. I agree with James that ripped file should be correct. I will also try ripping Deju Vu again tonight, just to see if same results obtained. BTW, I have AnyDVD HD but I assume that it uses same ripper for regular DVDs as AnyDVD?

Can you check if the disc loops during playback while Anydvd is enabled, please?

Also my point about Shrink was you can use it to rip as well. Provided you can open the disc in Shrink with Anydvd in the background, chances are you can use practically anything to rip.

Even the copy command from the MS-DOS box. ;)

Franklin, based on what I'm reading here and elsewhere, I wonder if there is an issue producing full disc backups even with Anydvd/Clonedvd for Deja Vu. If you would do the following I would appreciate it:

1. step 8

2. send the ifos to Slysoft

Thank you

Last edited:
Ok, here is the additional info. With AnyDVD running, the original disk will play normally. When I ripped the disk again to the hard drive (using right click on AnyDVD icon in system tray and choosing rip DVD to hard drive), I still get the endless loop near the end of chapter 1 when I play the movie back from the hard drive. When I backup using Shrink (main movie only, title 1), everything seems to work normally, but when I put in the backup disk and watch it, several minutes of the movie is missing, starting just where the endless loop occurs on hard disk playback. I have zipped the IFO files as you requested and sent them to Slysoft. Thanks again for all your help!

Minor detail

Hi

The version is working great for me, two minor details though

when specifying the destination for ripping, it does not create the folder... It must already exist

Also it puts the file not in the folder specified, but creates a sub folder named using the volume Id of the DVD.

As I said, minor details, but the experience is a bit less seamless then previously...

Ok, here is the additional info. With AnyDVD running, the original disk will play normally. When I ripped the disk again to the hard drive (using right click on AnyDVD icon in system tray and choosing rip DVD to hard drive), I still get the endless loop near the end of chapter 1 when I play the movie back from the hard drive. When I backup using Shrink (main movie only, title 1), everything seems to work normally, but when I put in the backup disk and watch it, several minutes of the movie is missing, starting just where the endless loop occurs on hard disk playback. I have zipped the IFO files as you requested and sent them to Slysoft. Thanks again for all your help!

Can you try CloneDVD 2.9.0.4 to rip? Do you have the same loop in the created files?

Does the disc have multi angles? I just found out that the AnyDVD ripper has severe problems with multi angles.

Can you try CloneDVD 2.9.0.4 to rip? Do you have the same loop in the created files?

It seems that Kvent1 is also having issues with Deja Vu (but I have no idea what region, version of Anydvd, or version of Clonedvd that person is using)

Last edited:
I don't believe Deja Vu has multiple angles.

I don't own Clone2DVD. Willing to buy if it will help figure out the problem here, but as I stated earlier, my goal is to have "Shrink compatible" rip to hard drive which I can watch over a network rather than make a copy.

I have to believe that AnyDVD ripper is not handling the RipGuard copy protection on the disc quite right. I say this because RipIt4me creates a perfect rip with the same original disc.

I don't own Clone2DVD.

Clonedvd does have a 21 day free trial, and Clonedvd2 does produce Shrink compatible rips (well, 2.9.0.4 does). Supposedly, this method works, but apparently, some people still have issues.

Last edited:
I have already made a Shrink compatible rip using RipIt4me, so my goal in communicating this information is to help track down any bugs which exist in the AnyDVD ripper (which I suspect will be more "future-proof" giving the great and frequent updates for AnyDVD).

I have already made a Shrink compatible rip using RipIt4me, so my goal in communicating this information is to help track down any bugs which exist in the AnyDVD ripper (which I suspect will be more "future-proof" giving the great and frequent updates for AnyDVD).

Okay, I'm sure James appreciates your feedback.

I don't believe Deja Vu has multiple angles.
According to the .ifo files, DejaVu uses ILVUs (similar to multiple angles).
I am looking into this issue at the moment, it seems that AnyDVD 6.1.4.3 DVD ripper is broken, it doesn't support ILVUs correctly. Same is true for CloneDVD 2.9.0.4 beta. It will be fixed by the end of next week.

Originally posted by James
According to the .ifo files, DejaVu uses ILVUs (similar to multiple angles).
I am looking into this issue at the moment, it seems that AnyDVD 6.1.4.3 DVD ripper is broken, it doesn't support ILVUs correctly. Same is true for CloneDVD 2.9.0.4 beta. It will be fixed by the end of next week.

Now this is GREAT customer service!!

AnyDVD 6.1.4.5 beta

There is an AnyDVD 6.1.4.5 beta (see the AnyDVD HD sub-forum), it should fix a problem with "The Matrix" HD DVD (untested, we don't habe the disc yet).

Here is the link, if you want the "latest & greatest":

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6145.exe

Back