• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Matrix Trilogy HD-DVD fails

mr.secret

Reloaded & Revolutions Fails with AnyDVD 6.1.4.3:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.4.3)
TOSHIBA DVD/HDX807616 MC08 10/03/06
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a HD DVD.
Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 7015744 sectors (13702 MBytes)
Total size: 13036480 sectors (25461 MBytes)
Video HD DVD label: MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD
Media is AACS protected!
ERROR processing HD DVD disc!

aacskeys etc has similar probs. poweredvd trying to update

Last edited:
Reloaded & Revolutions Fails with AnyDVD 6.1.4.3:

aacskeys etc has similar probs. poweredvd trying to update

Great news! Finally! Maybe this is the long awaited AACS "Mark II"!

oddly enough,yes :confused: but it took dumphd etc to get there

Please elaborate. AnyDVD HD didn't work?
Please tell me more... the suspense is killing me! :D

Tried to use AnyDVD with the problems highlighted above on Revolutions and Reloaded. Then tried to use aacskeys with the same problem. I then tried matrix and whilst it tried to force PowerDVD to update I was able to use aacskeys to pull the relevant information.

Unfortunately, BackupHDDVD did not want to work with this information but HDdump did. So far I have ripped the disc and used evodumx. This is as far as I have got so far due to "real life" getting in the way heh.

update: in fact it appears that matrix may also be encrypted from further examination.

Last edited:
Tried to use AnyDVD with the problems highlighted above on Revolutions and Reloaded. Then tried to use aacskeys with the same problem. I then tried matrix and whilst it tried to force PowerDVD to update I was able to use aacskeys to pull the relevant information.
So, you are saying Matrix disc 1 did *not* work with AnyDVD HD?

So, you are saying Matrix disc 1 did *not* work with AnyDVD HD?

yup it never worked with anydvd, i thought there may be a work around but sadly not.

of interest, the directory dates for matrix are march 28, for the sequels both april 5.

yup it never worked with anydvd, i thought there may be a work around but sadly not.

of interest, the directory dates for matrix are march 28, for the sequels both april 5.

Is this the Ultimate Edition (with 4 double sided discs) or the Trilogy (with three single sided discs)?

Last edited:
Is this the Ultimate Edition (with 4 double sided discs) or the Triology (with three single sided discs)?

The Trilogy. Sadly, I don't think it holds out much hope for the ultimate edition.

Sure. That's our job. :D

Hey, you better fix it! I plan on getting one of those sets when it comes out. :D Of course, I also convinced my wife to finally go in half with me on a 47" LCD 1080p screen, too, so, maybe in the next couple of months we'll finally have that. WOO HOO! :) But, if this is the infamous new key I wanna see you break it in less than 24 hours after you get a hold of the discs. :D

Release date: May 22, 2007 :(
Any other AACS "Mark II" titles out now?

Hi James,

I'm waiting for this scenario to play out with 'bated breath'. I suspect that 'Pirates of the Caribbean', which is also scheduled for release at the same time, is a likely candidate for the new protection.

Thanks for letting us know about Peer's importance in the development of AnyDVD HD. Have you considered hiring bodyguards to protect him from the AACS?

I have made a beta version for you, so you can at least watch Matrix 1:
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6145.exe

Please let me know if it works.

For Matrix 2 & 3 you have to wait a couple of days (I hope the discs arrive soon :D ).

will this new beta work with all the new aacs discs automatically, or just the ones you extracted keys for?

Thanks Peer,

I tried it but it doesn't work with 'Stomp the Yard'.

Can I post any info about the disc for you to look at or do anything else to test the new version?

From what you have written here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4337

this looks like a PowerDVD problem, there isn't much we can do.

There are other disc that don't play with PowerDVD, too (e.g., "Speed" EU).

Back