• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD: Disabled for Drive D:!

Jlerma

Hello,
New install of AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 (new laptop). Installed, rebooted activated with key, I get:
AnyDVD is disabled for Drive D:!
SONY DVD+-RW DW-Q58A UDS2 2006/03/19 17:56
System is XP, 1 GB Ram, 60 GB HD, logged in as user with admin priv.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hello,
New install of AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 (new laptop). Installed, rebooted activated with key, I get:
System is XP, 1 GB Ram, 60 GB HD, logged in as user with admin priv.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

That's normal if you don't have an original movie in your drive.

Thanks for the reply.
I get the message if there is no DVD in the Drive, if there is a DVD in the Drive (original retail) and if there is a DVD of my home movies.......

I get the message even with a brand new retail DVD.

Hi :)
No I know that, but some might not. Just thought that your OP was at best misleading as the movie doesn't have to be original.(The info should differ as no protection etc should be found). Have a nice one.8)

if there is a DVD in the Drive (original retail)

For testing purposes, please stick with that option I quoted above only.
Test with a movie after each step. If Anydvd works, don't try the other steps.

1) Please visit your drive manufactuer's website to see if there is a firmware update for your drive. If so, update your drive's firmware.

2) If you have Incd, Directcd or any packet writing software please uninstall it.

3) Try enabling "safe mode" in Anydvd. Right-click the fox icon, select "settings"-->"program settings"--->"safe mode"

4) Unclick "safe mode". Uninstall Anydvd. Reboot. Reinstall Anydvd. Reboot

No I know that, but some might not. Just thought that your OP was at best misleading as the movie doesn't have to be original.(The info should differ as no protection etc should be found). Have a nice one.8)

fair enough

No Drive found

I had to replace my HP Laptop drive with a new drive to get it to work with some of the newer software due to the drive not having an updated firmware. I believe most laptop drives do not allow you to configure the Jumper switch ( mine needed to be set to CS) and you may need yours to be set differently than the factory defaults. It cost me about $96 to replace mine, but it was well worth that cost to have the ability to make archival back-up copies of my movies and such...
Hope this helps..apacheslayer

I have had all sorts of problems with DLA software (the trinket that allows you to use your DVD or CD like a removable drive, copying files to it on the fly, etc.)

Remove (use Add/Remove Programs from Control Panel) the DLA in whichever incarnation (usually Sonic, Roxio or HP) and many disc burning problems will be gone forever!

As for AnyDVD, there is interest in UNchecking the option "Show information window for new media" that appears under the section "Program Settings" in the Options of AnyDVD (causes unwanted messages to show).

Last edited:
Hi
Gotta luv those piccies.
Blank DVD : - Should look like this.
sshot1ri4.png

Backup DVD : - Should look like this.
sshot1001yv7.png

Original DVD : - Should look like this.
sshot0011pg3.png

Oh & No DVD : - Should look like this.
sshot31cb4.png

Wisemax, I have the Roxio software that came with the Dell laptop, DLA software is installed but not enabled on the drive, do you think it matters?

Wisemax, I have the Roxio software that came with the Dell laptop, DLA software is installed but not enabled on the drive, do you think it matters?

Please remove all packet writing software.

I agree the only packet you want is "packet all in" :p
Yeah sad I know.:doh:

Zebadee, this is what i get with a blank in my BenQ

it doesn't say it's disabled :confused:

heres my other drives info

I am getting ON:1, OFF:0, Empty:1, when i hover my curser over the red fox in the task bar

Last edited:
Zebadee, this is what i get with a blank in my BenQ

it doesn't say it's disabled :confused:

It depends on the drive (and possibly the system).

I don't get that message on this computer--but I do get it on my laptop.

I get this response with No Media in the drive with the drive closed.:confused:

How can it be nornal (the Images above show with no disc present), when I get the same message when there is a disc in the drive?

Back