• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CLONEDVD sucks after latest update!!!!!!!

Superdave

Computer locks up when reading DVD's

Just recently when reading a DVD to copy my computer locks up at 94%. This happens on every one, but only recently. I've read a lot of posts saying to go here download this, check that, etc. I've done it ALL. This is not a burn issue, but a read issue. Downloaded latest version, updated burner firmware, using Magnavox DVD+R's (used over half of a 100 pack with no problems), but like I said it's a read issue.
Lower filters elbydelay AnyDVD PxHelp20 ElbyCDFGL
Upper filters GEARAspiWDM
DMA enabled

Filter Check Tool v3.4

An Upper Filter found is: GEARAspiWDM
Filterdriver properties are:

A Lower Filter found is: ElbyDelay
Name: ElbyDelay
Caption: ElbyDelay
Description: ElbyDelay
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: ElbyDelay
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
Version Info: 5.1.0.1
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
Name: AnyDVD
Caption: AnyDVD
Description: AnyDVD
DisplayName: AnyDVD
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
Version Info: 6.1.3.6
StartName:

A Lower Filter found is: PxHelp20
Name: PxHelp20
Caption: PxHelp20
Description: PxHelp20
DisplayName: PxHelp20
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
Version Info: 3.0.43.9
StartMode: Boot
StartName:

A Lower Filter found is: ElbyCDFL
Name: ElbyCDFL
Caption: ElbyCDFL
Description: ElbyCDFL
DisplayName: ElbyCDFL
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ElbyCDFL.sys
Version Info: 5.2.1.3
StartName:

Last edited:
Just recently when reading a DVD to copy my computer locks up at 94%. This happens on every one, but only recently.

I see two possibilities:

1. Your optical drive/reader is dying.

2. You don't have enough free space on your hard drive (or it needs to be defragged).

Last edited:
Are you trying to read DVD's that you have already burned. If so try better media (i.e. Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden).

So far I have been unable to read some dvd's and when it does it won't copy them to the blank DVD. I've tried at least 8 movies recently with either it locks up my computer at 37% - 98%, or after it reads the disk and asked for a blank it writes enough to ruin my blank. I'm pissed to say the least. And before anybody directs me to post my filters, links to downloads for fixes, etc. I've already done all that. I've tried several different brands of DVD's and have had the best luv\ck with the echeapo OfficeMax brands!! Go figure.....

The drive is dying , you could try to reset the ide channel:agree:

The drive is dying , you could try to reset the ide channel:agree:
Done it! These are not copies. They are originals being copied. Right now I have HP DVD+R 2.4X 8.5GB DL's, Verbatim, and OfficeMax name brand. The OfficeMax works better!

Done it! These are not copies. They are originals being copied. Right now I have HP DVD+R 2.4X 8.5GB DL's, Verbatim, and OfficeMax name brand. The OfficeMax works better!

The capacity to burn DL media properly is one of the first things to die on burners (which would explain why using good quality media, such as Verbatim +R DL, is failing for you). By the way, you were having issues before the update, and now you're still having issues, except they appear to be worse. As you claim to not want advice about downloading. updating, or resetting anything, I'm unsure of what you hope to accomplish.

CRC errors generally indicate a defective original disc (dirty, scratched, poorly mastered, etc.--even if it plays fine). The solutions usually are to try to clean, replace, or exchange the original. And your choice of blank media, with the exception of Verbatim, leaves much to be desired. That said, you stated you were having problems reading all original discs (failing at 94%), so I find it unlikely the original discs were the issue, and obviously your choice of blank media doesn't affect reading.

The evidence you've posted indicates a slowly dying burner (your burner freezes while reading various original discs: before it failed towards the ends of discs . . . and it's now failing all over the place while reading, it seems; this, to me, suggests the burner is slowly deteriorating). You could try using a different cable (ensure it's an 80 wire one if you have an ide burner, and ensure your burner is set to master)--and simply try your burner in another system to see if the problem persists. If it does, your burner is dead. Buy a new one.

Last edited:
We all recommend you to buy only Verbatims or Taiyo Yuden. And when it comes to DL, Verbatims +R DL only.

Back