• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any DVD confusion

ahipkiss

I have a strange problem I'm hoping ot get some help with. About a week ago I was attempting to make a recording of a dvd and it made a dud. I put in new media and it supposedly recorded the disc in 4 minutes. I knew this wasn't right so I inserted the original disc to start over the whole process again. Ever since then AnyDVD tells me either drive E: is disabled or that there is no disc in the drive. Windows media player will recognize and play both CD's and media related discs but not DVDs. Nothing else appears to be wrong with the computer. I have tried cleaning the registry, re-installing AnyDVD and even restored my system to an earlier date to no effect. My question is: where do I go from here? Any suggetions would be greatly appreciated.

A. Hipkiss

I have a strange problem I'm hoping ot get some help with. About a week ago I was attempting to make a recording of a dvd and it made a dud. I put in new media and it supposedly recorded the disc in 4 minutes. I knew this wasn't right so I inserted the original disc to start over the whole process again. Ever since then AnyDVD tells me either drive E: is disabled or that there is no disc in the drive. Windows media player will recognize and play both CD's and media related discs but not DVDs. Nothing else appears to be wrong with the computer. I have tried cleaning the registry, re-installing AnyDVD and even restored my system to an earlier date to no effect. My question is: where do I go from here? Any suggetions would be greatly appreciated.

A. Hipkiss

What type of burner do you have? Close AnyDVD and put a retail DVD in the player and see if it will play.

Burner

I have the standard burner that came with my Gateway notebook. I have tried several retail discs, none of which are now recognized as being there.

A Hipkiss

I have the standard burner that came with my Gateway notebook. I have tried several retail discs, none of which are now recognized as being there.

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot

Now are your retail discs being recognized?

Hi,
you could try deleting/un-installing the drive in the device manager, then shut down and restart and see if it picks up the drive correctly. Then try again.... Your drive then may perform correctly.....

I hope this helps...

Unfortunately, it sounds like your drive may have died...

Dead DVD?

Could my DVD player be dead if it still recognizes both CD's and Data media (games, Etc.)? I have tried deleting the DVD player via device manager. I've installed the latest version of AnyDVD, still media player and anydvd will not recognize DVDs. It seems that their has to be a fairly simple solution to this probel. Any further suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

A. Hipkiss

Any further suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Put a retail movie disc in your drive.
e) Go to "my computer"-->the appropriate drive letter

Do you see a video_ts folder?

Last edited:
Dvd

No. Unfortunately I see nothing When I open the drive. However, if I use a retail audio disc or game they both appear in the drive folder.

A. Hipkiss

No. Unfortunately I see nothing When I open the drive. However, if I use a retail audio disc or game they both appear in the drive folder.

Then this issue has nothing to do with Anydvd.

The issue is that your drive, for whatever reason, can't see the original disc.

Back