• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

dvds with chips????

Wonderful - another opportunity to cause grief for the legitimate, money paying customer of these products that will not slow down a thief who knows what they are doing 1 iota.

Actually, if they add this chip and get rid of the stupid security tape on 3 sides of the case under the already existing shrink-wrapped case then I'd be happy. If all the chip does is go from non-clear to clear w/o having special unique ID info on it then I'm all for it. I've had too many DVD covers get ruined because the cover had security tape stuck to it and it took a bit off.

On the downside, there's a chance this will cause more returns due to technical issues where maybe the the chip doesn't work right and it doesn't turn clear so it can't be read.

Actually, if they add this chip and get rid of the stupid security tape on 3 sides of the case under the already existing shrink-wrapped case then I'd be happy. If all the chip does is go from non-clear to clear w/o having special unique ID info on it then I'm all for it. I've had too many DVD covers get ruined because the cover had security tape stuck to it and it took a bit off.

On the downside, there's a chance this will cause more returns due to technical issues where maybe the the chip doesn't work right and it doesn't turn clear so it can't be read.

Prediction - the gummy impossible to fully remove tape will still be there, because the folks who actually steal a disc out of the case will not have a clue (nor care) abut this "chip".

Prediction - the gummy impossible to fully remove tape will still be there, because the folks who actually steal a disc out of the case will not have a clue (nor care) abut this "chip".

*sigh* True. :(

Back