• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd 6.1.5.3 beta

Webslinger

Retired Moderator
AnyDVD History

from http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/changes_anydvd.txt

6.1.5.3 2007 05 19
- New: AnyDVD ripper displays the volume label of the discs
- New: AnyDVD ripper and AnyDVD HD ripper are now unified
- New: AnyDVD ripper warns, if destination directory is not empty
- New: AnyDVD ripper creates destination directory, if it doesn't exist
- New (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Support for new titles
- New (HD DVD): Workaround for mastering error on "Relentless Enemies"
- New (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Added warning dialog, if HD DVD or Blu-ray
processing did not work
- New (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Added workaround for "eject" bug in Sonic DLA
- New: Added timeout to prevent hang on exit in some situations
- Fix (DVD): AnyDVD ripper did not work correctly with multiple angles.
If you want more control (stream selection, main movie only
selection, ...) we recommend to use CloneDVD2 available at
http://www.slysoft.com instead of AnyDVD ripper.
- Fix (DVD): Sony Arccos Decryption bug introduced in 6.1.4.3, sorry
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

To Download Anydvd 6.1.5.3 beta Click this

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a beta, it's not an alpha ... it's a keepa now! :D

I always hide in my bunker till any kinks are worked out and it's released officially. Looking forward to trying it out when I buy my next difficult original.

Whisperer

GREAT! Now hopefully it will stop giving me troubles with shrink! I really like that program over clone dvd 2 when I downloaded it and all, its probably just because I was used to shrink and all, but Im glad they made something that is compatible with it! I cant wait to give it a spin!:bowdown:

Hi there,
Just got the new update for AnyDVD. I have not had any problems with this piece of software up until now.I use Shrink also,aswell as CloneDVD2.

Ive got a few dvds that Shrink cant read.I get messages saying invalid dvd structure, so I just switch to Clone dvd and no problems.

However I have just purchased some region 2 UFC dvds,and tried to rip both ways with Shrink, and then using Clone dvd,but it has not bn successful.

This is what I get on the dvd drive log.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.4.3)
LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S BS0C 2004/08/27 17:53
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed bogus title set!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 98 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

I dont kno whether it is a new copy protection thing,....i found the link for sending the .IFO files,but i couldnt find any on the dvd.(whether they have changed or i am doin something wrong)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ive still got more than 100% confidence with this software,as i have over 1000 dvd's and just 2 have given me problems

I upgraded last night, it wouldn't let me install over 6.1.4.2, telling me that the "AnyDialog.dll" was in use (I think that's the name of the DLL, i'm in work right now and so can't check).

I have to reboot, uninstall (keeping licence), reboot, re-install and reboot.

Anyone else had a similar issue? AnyDVD appears to be working, the error just caught me by supprise.

I upgraded last night, it wouldn't let me install over 6.1.4.2, telling me that the "AnyDialog.dll" was in use (I think that's the name of the DLL, i'm in work right now and so can't check).

I have to reboot, uninstall (keeping licence), reboot, re-install and reboot.

Anyone else had a similar issue? AnyDVD appears to be working, the error just caught me by supprise.

For reasons I do not fully understand AnyDVD (all versions) might not completely exit under some rare circumstances. In this case some DLLs (AnyDialog.dll or ElbyCDIO.dll) are in use and can not be overwritten.
If (and only if!) this happens, you can kill the AnyDVD process with task manager and click "retry" within the setup.

Yes, the same but then i realised that if you are running a beta it has to be uninstalled first and then the new version installed.
At least that is how it is with me.
Regards

For reasons I do not fully understand AnyDVD (all versions) might not completely exit under some rare circumstances. In this case some DLLs (AnyDialog.dll or ElbyCDIO.dll) are in use and can not be overwritten.
If (and only if!) this happens, you can kill the AnyDVD process with task manager and click "retry" within the setup.
I did contemplate killing the process in task manager, but I decided against it, as if the worst happened and I couldn't remove it, I'd be able to claim I didn't do anything I wasn't supposed to :D

Along the same lines, once I'd updated to 6.1.4.3, I put Memento (R2, UK, 2000) in my drive and it scanned the disk (little bubble popped up) then I checked the status window to make sure all was working. Upon closing the window, it scanned the disk again.

I tried to recreate the error, however I was unable to, perhaps it was just my PC messing around?

i have no problems whatsoever when i install newer versions of anydvd-even if they are beta's i'm installing over.

Nor me till today. My PC has been on the fritz since I formatted it, flashed the BIOS and re-installed. Windows now has my HDD listed in the removable media thing by the clock in the system tray. I do NOT wanna click that and see what happens.

I
Along the same lines, once I'd updated to 6.1.4.3, I put Memento (R2, UK, 2000) in my drive and it scanned the disk (little bubble popped up) then I checked the status window to make sure all was working. Upon closing the window, it scanned the disk again.

I tried to recreate the error, however I was unable to, perhaps it was just my PC messing around?
This is normal after every install of a new version (when the "please use the right mouse button for help" reminder dialog shows). Will not happen later.

Yes, the same but then i realised that if you are running a beta it has to be uninstalled first and then the new version installed.
At least that is how it is with me.
Regards
No, you don't (or shouldn't) need to uninstall AnyDVD betas before installing release versions.

This is normal after every install of a new version (when the "please use the right mouse button for help" reminder dialog shows). Will not happen later.
You rock James, so hard:bowdown:

I can't think of another company that's so in touch with it's customers.

However I have just purchased some region 2 UFC dvds

Specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country, and d) release date of the disc that you're experiencing issues with, please.

I dont kno whether it is a new copy protection thing

The disc structure does look pretty nasty based on the Anydvd status screen.

i found the link for sending the .IFO files,but i couldnt find any on the dvd.

They should be found within the video_ts folder (disable Anydvd first before looking).

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=330

cant update to 6.1.4.3

every time I install the update, i keep getting a message to update my any dvd to 6.1.4.3. ive already done it about 20 times and restarted my computer a bunch of times as well......then it tells me that im still using 6.1.3.6

any idea why it wont update? im using win xp...thanks...

Clear your browser cache, download again, and then install.

no that wasnt it...whenever i downlaoded it from the slysoft download page, it was giving me 6.1.3.6 each time and i wasnt noticing that until now....now i downloaded the software from the link in this thread and it works fine.....thanks though....:)

slysoft has to fix that link so that the right version software downloads when the link is clicked. it says on the page its 6.1.4.3 but its really 6.1.3.6 that downloads....:)

slysoft has to fix that link so that the right version software downloads when the link is clicked. it says on the page its 6.1.4.3 but its really 6.1.3.6 that downloads....:)

Yeah, you need to clear your browser cache.

oh okay.....i didnt think the cache had to do with that if the link in here worked perfectly....thanks for the help....:)

Back