• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

burning DL DVDs

f8thful

I have not been very successful so far. My computer is an HP Pavillion Media Center a pretty high end model m7680n.
I have tried several brands of DL DVD, the off brands wouldn't burn at all. TDK would burn but stick half way through on playback. My latest brand is Verbatim DVD +R DL. I've burned 5 disks all with the same issue they play half to 2/3 of the way through and start jerking and sticking.

I have AnyDVD and CloneDVD which I use to burn.

Could it be burning speed or other programs running? I have 2GB of memory
:doh:

I've burned 5 disks all with the same issue they play half to 2/3 of the way through and start jerking and sticking.

Whatever you're playing the discs on is getting hung up on the layer break.

1. Try playing them in another standalone dvd player.
2. DL burning is one of the first things to die on burners.
3. I would probably exit out of programs running in the background.
4. Use a 4x burn speed
5. Try this method with Clonecd instead (that is actually how I backup my movie collection)

Whatever you're playing the discs on is getting hung up on the layer break.

1. Try playing them in another standalone dvd player.
2. DL burning is one of the first things to die on burners.
3. I would probably exit out of programs running in the background.
4. Use a 4x burn speed
5. Try this method with Clonecd instead (that is actually how I backup my movie collection)

Clonecd is the way to go. Everything I have been doing lately has been using Clonecd and Verbatim +R DL. I have also been recopying my movies on-the-fly using Clonecd and Verbatim +R with perfect results (minus the discs I know are no good). 8)

If your burner supports bit-setting, you might want to change the book type to DVD-ROM for playback compatability.

Back