• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error reading from Drive

bharath

I am trying to rip a Blu-ray using AnyDVD HD. I have never had problems till date and this is the first time I am having problems. I have attached the log file and the screen shot of the error. I tried to create an ISO using ImgBurn which failed as well. I suspect it to be a bad media, I am trying to get another disc to verify it. It fails between 40-45% if I try ripping as files and between 90-95% if I try to make an ISO out of it.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.1.0_Info_G_Veer.zip
    139.5 KB · Views: 5
  • anydvd error.png
    anydvd error.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 14
AnyDVD_Status

Code:
Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.7.1.0)
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.03 410515085681EM1333
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 23711008 sectors (46310 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: Veer
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 19
Removed AACS copy protection!
The version of AnyDVD you are using ( 6.7.1.0 ) is up to date.
Code:
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.03 410515085681EM1333
Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for your optical drive. See here.

Rip speeds on DVD and Blu-Ray might be improved by MediaCodeSpeedEdit. Please see RIPLOCK.
If installed (often from Duplex Secure, Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% ), uninstall SPTD, which is the culprit for slow rips.
See here and here.

A special firmware exists for this drive. See here. This patch modifies the drive firmware in a way that it will report the volume unique id without the need of an authentification with a player key. By doing so, one part of the aacs protection is completly knocked out, because it is no longer possible to prevent anybody from getting the volume unique id by invalidating the player key used by the ripping software.

Code:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Your region code is not set.

With some DVDs and some drives, AnyDVD cannot decrypt CSS unless your drive's region code is set properly.
You must exit AnyDVD when checking.
  1. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit AnyDVD.
  2. Click start. Right click on My computer--->select properties.
  3. Click on the Hardware tab--->click the device manager button.
  4. Open the DVD/DROM branch---> right click on your optical drive.
  5. Click properties.
  6. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
  7. Select the region that you're in
  8. Start AnyDVD.
These instructions have no effect for Blu-Ray region code, but it is still recommended.

Read Errors

See SamuriHL's Bad Disc Guide:
  1. Disable AnyDVD
  2. Load ImgBurn and select Read Mode
  3. Create ISO image on the hard drive
  4. If the ISO image creation was successful, enable AnyDVD and mount the image with Virtual Clone Drive. Try to play it.
  5. If the ISO image creation was unsuccessful, you have either a bad disc and/or a bad drive.

^ Thanks for the detailed reply. I am using the latest official firmware for my drive which is 1.03. Except for the drive region I did everything else. I am trying to get another copy of the disc to see if it was just bad media.

Posting a log from the new beta version of AnyDVD HD.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.1.1_Info_G_Veer.zip
    138.6 KB · Views: 1
I guess it was bad media, got a different disc and that worked.

Blu-ray discs fit over 5 times the data on the same size disc as a DVD. The sectors are that much smaller, so Blu-ray discs are incredibly sensitive to dirt and fingerprints and such. Blu-rays in fact came close to being made in cartridges similar to early DVD-RAM, but they went with hard coat technology instead due to the format war with HD-DVD.

Blu-ray discs fit over 5 times the data on the same size disc as a DVD. The sectors are that much smaller, so Blu-ray discs are incredibly sensitive to dirt and fingerprints and such.

I believe the real problem is, that the data layer is much closer to the surface. Dirt or a finger print will likely be "in focus" for the laser, on DVD or HD DVD it is out of focus.

I believe the real problem is, that the data layer is much closer to the surface. Dirt or a finger print will likely be "in focus" for the laser, on DVD or HD DVD it is out of focus.
What if the lazer side is clean and you still get this error? I have a few blus and DVDs both that are giving me the same "error from drive G, Read error: sectors 9xxxxx (etc)" message. Most of them are really clean and scratch free. I've tried making ISOs both on and offline with these discs. Not sure what the issue is.

I should further add that I've successfully created ISO before and after and trying to do so with these discs, and with different players, so I don't think it's the blu-ray drive, and they all play like normal, so when you say the disc may be bad, does that mean "bad" as in not able to make an ISO or as in "shouldn't play at all?"

Thanks.

What if the lazer side is clean and you still get this error? I have a few blus and DVDs both that are giving me the same "error from drive G, Read error: sectors 9xxxxx (etc)" message. Most of them are really clean and scratch free. I've tried making ISOs both on and offline with these discs. Not sure what the issue is.

I should further add that I've successfully created ISO before and after and trying to do so with these discs, and with different players, so I don't think it's the blu-ray drive, and they all play like normal, so when you say the disc may be bad, does that mean "bad" as in not able to make an ISO or as in "shouldn't play at all?"

Thanks.
A nine year old thread? Any time you are having trouble with a disc, you need to give exact error messages and an AnyDVD log for the disc(s) in question.

Back