• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

game jackal and clonedvd2 conflict

sickley

Now i realize i may be one of the few (or only) people to copy dvd's while playing games but it's something i do often, so this is a problem of importance to me.

if any of you do copy dvd's while playing games and use game jackal and clonedvd2 you'll have noticed that game jackals unique emulation causes a conflict with clonedvd2's reading. that is to say you cant use clonedvd2 while emulating a game with game jackal - even if the drive you are emulating on is different than the drive you are reading/burning your dvd.

obviously this wont come out as a patch soon, and obviously not before S.S. release of GJ, but the question is when and if. i dont want to have to switch back and forth between dvd copying programs, and i shouldnt have to.

i dont want to have to switch back and forth between dvd copying programs, and i shouldnt have to.

When a GJ profile is running, a message pops up saying it's restricting access to your optical drives. Consequently, I don't see how you could run GJ profile and a burning application concurrently.

Last edited:
yeah it would be great to do them at the same time but then again burning dose use up system resources and it makes other aps lag so I don't think it would be worth it in the long hall

actually i can run GJ emulation and copy DVD's with other programs (i have been using 1click dvdcopy5) and it works fine as long as you are reading/writing with a different drive than GJ is emulating on

i can burn dvd's and play games at the same time with no lag and still get a fast burn. i have a lot of RAM and a good cpu and gpu.

actually i can run GJ emulation and copy DVD's with other programs (i have been using 1click dvdcopy5) and it works fine as long as you are reading/writing with a different drive than GJ is emulating on

Hmm . . When running Neverwinter Nights 2, I can't import discs in Clonedvd2 while running GJ with any of my optical drives.

Are you using dvd43 with 1-click's cprx or are you using Anydvd for decryption?

i can burn dvd's and play games at the same time with no lag and still get a fast burn. i have a lot of RAM and a good cpu and gpu.

In general, it doesn't really matter what your system specs are. Playing games (especially ones that eat a lot of system resources) while burning increases the chance of engaging your burner's buffer underrun protection, which, in turn, tends to produce poor quality burns (in such instances, the discs may work, but pi/po/jitter scans indicate poor burn quality).

Last edited:
no, i have been using anydvd

and i understand that but i havent had such problems. i have 4 gb ram 64 bit dual core 4800 opteron. i am always multitasking with burns, whether watching and burning or playing games and burning and i havent noticed any problems.

Back