• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD no disk problem (and solution!)

Stryder

Recently I have come across a number of disks in which the DVD is not recognized by my PC at all. An recent example is the Planet Earth series. If I put the disk in my DVD burner(s), the system will not even show that a disk is present. I don't know what causes this, but I am guessing that there is a form of copy protection that detects the presence of a DVD BURNER, and it disables the drive somehow. Pure conjecture on my part, but it seems to be consistent across a number of my computers.

Here is how I got around the issue: Put the disk in a DVD drive that IS NOT a burner. I did not have that in the PC that AnyDVD is loaded on, but one of my kid's PC's has one. I shared the drive on the network, and then mapped that share to the PC that I burn with. Using AnyDVD, I specified the share as the source drive, and had AnyDVD rip the share contents to a local hard drive folder. Worked like a charm, but it took awhile. I then used DVD Shrink to split the DVD files into pieces that would fit on 4.7GB DVD's.

I hope this helps forum members out.

Stryder

I found this post somewhat purplexing, as I do own this series, Region 1.

There is no special protection and all my burners will recognize the discs. The only problem I found was the structure and menus. I haven't back it up, still waiting for DL discs to come down in price.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.6)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B A106
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2032528 sectors (3969 MBytes)
Total size: 4047583 sectors (7905 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: E2938
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I found this post somewhat purplexing

Yeah, all burners should be able to read these discs; they are only css protected.

Something else is the matter--with the OP's burners, filters, busmaster drivers, or something else . . .

Remove WMP 11 might work

I removed Windows Media Player 11 using this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/wi...aspx#RollingbacktoapreviousversionofthePlayer
This has fixed the issue you described above for me.
I was unable to play any commercial dvd until I removed WMP 11. I believe it has something to do with the DRM.
I also have a computer that has WMP 11 on it and it does not have this problem.
Good Luck! I hope this works for all with this problem!!

Last edited:
not sure if this thread will fix my problem.

I burn DVDs using anydvd and clone dvd. I use two drive a dvd reader and the burner. the reader will recognize the original dvd, but when I try to play the newly burned copy, the dirve aacts like there is nothing there. I put it back in the drive that burned it and it plays. I put in a DVD player I have and I get a no disk. I put it in another and it plays no problem. I thought this might have to do with anydvd removing the region code from the burned copy. Am I right

Back