• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

iTunes Purchases

I just purchased an MP3 player (not iPod). I purchased and downloaded an album from iTunes (who uses mpeg 4 file format) and tried converting them to MP3 (as my player doesn't support mpeg 4). iTunes has protection against this conversion. It seems Apple wants you locked into iPod. iTunes does not support other players. As I swore I'd never download from iTunes again, AnyDVD popped into my head (which I have running on my offline machine) so I burned a CD of the album, then copied (cdr) on the offline machine with the AnyDVD filter running. I then loaded the filtered copy back to the Mac and iTunes opened it without titles and info. I then knew the protection was not on the copy. Now I'm able to convert the selections to MP3 and load them on my less expensive player and enjoy what I gladly paid for the way I intended. Maybe this is sophomoric, maybe another forum browser will find it useful.

it's nearly the same as to handle with the DRM-files in germany from musicload.de ;)

but you don' have to burn ... just make an image on your hdd and mount it (e.g. with virtual-clone-drive, deamon-tools, ...). in this was you can save your CD-R's for other things :agree:

This is true, however having an unprotected hard copy of this album is great use of a 25 cent CDR, for me!

I just purchased an MP3 player (not iPod). I purchased and downloaded an album from iTunes (who uses mpeg 4 file format) and tried converting them to MP3 (as my player doesn't support mpeg 4). iTunes has protection against this conversion. It seems Apple wants you locked into iPod. iTunes does not support other players. As I swore I'd never download from iTunes again, AnyDVD popped into my head (which I have running on my offline machine) so I burned a CD of the album, then copied (cdr) on the offline machine with the AnyDVD filter running. I then loaded the filtered copy back to the Mac and iTunes opened it without titles and info. I then knew the protection was not on the copy. Now I'm able to convert the selections to MP3 and load them on my less expensive player and enjoy what I gladly paid for the way I intended. Maybe this is sophomoric, maybe another forum browser will find it useful.

You can "unprotect" any and all iTune purchases by simply using their own burning option and burning it to a cd. Then you can copy the songs directly back into your "online" computer and even into iTunes. It will do tis and the songs are now able to be converted.

Not to mention that myFairTunes doesn't work with iTunes 7 or newer

You can "unprotect" any and all iTune purchases by simply using their own burning option and burning it to a cd. Then you can copy the songs directly back into your "online" computer and even into iTunes.

There's a problem with that method. You're going from a lossy format (mp4 or whatever) to .wav. Then you're extracting the .wavs again. These .wav files are now huge (and have the exact same quality as the .mp4s you originally purchased).

In the event you compress these .wav files to .mp3, you are reducing the sound quality further (and the mp4s you bought were lossy already).

Not to mention that myFairTunes doesn't work with iTunes 7 or newer

Depends on what version of iTunes 7 you're using, but, QTFairUse6 2.5 works with all the latest versions of iTunes and is a lossless conversion...UNLIKE burning a CD which has to do a lossy conversion. My recommendation if you want to deprotect your iTunes library is to get a copy of QTFairUse6.

There r so many converters available ,why don't u go google for searching?

Back