• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.7 PS3 Update and Blu Ray Rip

mick2006

Are all of you that were ripping blu ray movies as data discs still able to play the movies on BD-RE on your PS3's with the 1.7 update?

Are all of you that were ripping blu ray movies as data discs still able to play the movies on BD-RE on your PS3's with the 1.7 update?
Did it even work before the 1.7 update?

According to "Ripped Bluray Plays on PS3" thread on the forums here it does, or supposedly did. I still haven't purchased a blu ray burner, and don't really want to until I know I can rip the movies and either burn them to disc or stream them via lan.

I discovered that all you have to do is have ANYDVD-HD on. Then open Nero , put a Blu-Ray Movie in you Blu-Ray drive, Nero has an option that says Copy Blu-ray disc, select it. Nero will rip the Blu-ray movie to your harddrive, when it is done it will tell you to insert blank media. After you insert the blank Blu-ray disc, Nero then will burn the ripped movie from the harddrive to the disc. The best part is that it will play perfectly in the PS3 ( V 1.60 + ) as a BDMV not a data disc with all the menus working just like the original disc. I have tried this with single layer BD-RE, and BD-RE DL, they both work. As a matter of fact I ripped Superman Returns ( BD ), that is well over the 25GB single layer BE-RE size, and by just removing some of the special feature files I was able to get it on a single layer BD-RE and it also played of the PS3. Try it, it works !!!

I discovered that all you have to do is have ANYDVD-HD on. Then open Nero , put a Blu-Ray Movie in you Blu-Ray drive, Nero has an option that says Copy Blu-ray disc, select it. Nero will rip the Blu-ray movie to your harddrive, when it is done it will tell you to insert blank media. After you insert the blank Blu-ray disc, Nero then will burn the ripped movie from the harddrive to the disc. The best part is that it will play perfectly in the PS3 ( V 1.60 + ) as a BDMV not a data disc with all the menus working just like the original disc. I have tried this with single layer BD-RE, and BD-RE DL, they both work. As a matter of fact I ripped Superman Returns ( BD ), that is well over the 25GB single layer BE-RE size, and by just removing some of the special feature files I was able to get it on a single layer BD-RE and it also played of the PS3. Try it, it works !!!

tooo cool, how much are the blanks going for?

$ 10.99 Verbatim 25GB 2X BD-R, @ Newegg.com. Haven't lost one yet !!

that is well over the 25GB single layer BE-RE size, and by just removing some of the special feature files I was able to get it on a single layer BD-RE and it also played of the PS3. Try it, it works !!!
Could you elaborate a bit on how you remove some content? I've had less than perfect experiences so far.

After you rip the files to your HDD, look in the stream folder at the m2ts files. The largest one will be the movie, the rest will be all the special features, etc.. Simply remove the largest special feature, deleted scenes etc files. DONT REMOVE anything that has to do with the menu design or menu graphics on the menu page, this is the page that allows you to select scenes etc. It needs this info to play the disc . Remove just enought to fit on a BD-RE 25gb.

After you rip the files to your HDD, look in the stream folder at the m2ts files. The largest one will be the movie, the rest will be all the special features, etc.. Simply remove the largest special feature, deleted scenes etc files. DONT REMOVE anything that has to do with the menu design or menu graphics on the menu page, this is the page that allows you to select scenes etc. It needs this info to play the disc . Remove just enought to fit on a BD-RE 25gb.
Thanks for the info!

Is this technically possible?

Instead of using still relatively expensive BR blanks could we:

1-connect the PS3 to your PC as an external HD

2-use AnyDVD HD to copy a BR disc to the PS3 60Gb HD

3-play a BR movie off the HD using the PS3 as the player?

You can't put large files onto the ps3 hard drive because it is fat32 and does't recognize files larger than 4gb. Also, I don't think you can hook up a ps3 to a pc.

You can't put large files onto the ps3 hard drive because it is fat32 and does't recognize files larger than 4gb. Also, I don't think you can hook up a ps3 to a pc.

Ok..I have read that guys have replaced the HD in the PS3

at this point I'm just exploring all options..

I haven't bought a BR reader/burner yet and was looking to see if I can avoid burning expensive blanks - could go the Powerdvd PC to display route, but this will mean a better video card - I will probably then just get the upcoming BR reader only..

Back