• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How do I make compilation DVDs?

BenBangs

How can I make a collection disc with scenes from different movies on one blank??

How can I make a collection disc with scenes from different movies on one blank??

You can't with Clonedvd. I'll move your thread to the third party products section.

You might want to take a look at Shrink or Nero Recode.

Last edited:
You can't with Clonedvd. I'll move your thread to the third party products section.

You might want to take a look at Shrink or Nero Recode.

It's also possible to use VSO ConvertXToDVD (shareware) or DVD Flick (freeware/open source) to do this. More information would be helpful though.

You will first need to rip each dvd you want to use to your HDD. If you do direct rips (ala cloneDVD) use nero recode's copy DVDs to DVD. For other formats you can use Nero Vision. Create DVD Video and just drag and drop the files you want to use. If you opt for Nero, I can walk you through step by step if you want.

To copy scenes from different movies you can use CloneDVD, but only one scene at each time. Use the 'scissor' to cut what you don't want, and copy the scene you want to your hard drive. Repeat this with all the movies. Finally you can open DVD Shrink, click the 're-author' button and add (one by one) all the scenes you want to make the compilation. Good luck!

Last edited:
So I can use Any/Clone after all? Where are the scissors and how do I activate them? Can I choose to rip only the files I want w/Any, put them in a folder in the order I want them, add authoring for chapters at some point, then use Clone to finish up? And one more thing: how do I PM somebody in this forum??

Thanks

And one more thing: how do I PM somebody in this forum??

Left click on the persons name..a box will open with a list of choices. Select "Send A Private Message to "users name"

Last edited:
So I can use Any/Clone after all? Where are the scissors and how do I activate them? Can I choose to rip only the files I want w/Any, put them in a folder in the order I want them, add authoring for chapters at some point, then use Clone to finish up? And one more thing: how do I PM somebody in this forum??

Thanks

Webslinger is right! You can't cut scenes, only chapters. When I wrote 'scenes', I meant 'chapters'. And no, you can't use AnyDVD to copy only chapters from movies. And CloneDVD can't merge titles.
Have you read the guide to use CloneDVD? Click on the upper right corner where it says 'help'.
And on 'Title configuration', under the screen preview, click on the 'scissors' icon to start cutting the chapters you don't want (read the guide first). On the 'output method' choose 'dvd files' to copy the chapters you want to your hard drive (make a folder for each chapter). Then open DVDShrink, click on the 're-author' button to add (one by one) the folders containing the chapters to make the compilation.

To Tex

Tes, your workaround to compile specific scenes from different films onto one DVD sounds viable but time-consuming. CloneDVD's "cutting" tool, as you implied, will only let you copy one or more adjacent scenes at one time, by cutting out all other scenes in the film to the left and right of them---you can't skip around.

Does anyone know of any software that lets you select and copy any scenes you want from a film, no matter where they are located within the film?

Does anyone know of any software that lets you select and copy any scenes you want from a film, no matter where they are located within the film?

DVDShrink does and I suppose Recode will also.

Capturing Scenes from a DVD

Hello,

You can use the "Capture" options of the free software "TheKMPlayer"
( www.kmplayer.com , file size about 15.5 MB) to save short clips (video and/or audio) from DVDs to harddisk and copy the files to a DVD / CD.
"KMP" also allows you to make "Storyboards" ("MPC" calls it "Thumbnails") from video files and to play .FLV videos downloaded from "YouTube" (for details about downloading / playing videos, see my "YouTube Tutorial" on http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4533 .)

You can save audio even as .MP3.
When you use the "Save as" option for .CDA files (Audio-CD), the files will be automatically saved as .WAV files (to save them as .MP3, use "Capture Audio," but here you must start/stop the record manually).

"KMP" is a wonderful FREE media player and quasi-ripper absolutely WORTH HAVING!!! :agree:

ATTENTION: Although KMP has different languages for its interface, DO NOT delete the Korean language file "Korean.ini," even if you don't need it. Without it, KMP will NOT work, it is its "native-language file"! Other unneeded language files can be deleted with no problems.

I hope this will help.
Many greetings, :)

A Friend

Back