• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.4.1 beta

A Dr. Watson log might help.
(Remember drwtsn32.exe?)

I do. I told him even if he doesn't have that any info in the event viewer might be useful, too. It could provide an offset of where the crash happened which might give you some clue. I hate debugging this kind of irritating issue...especially when you can't repro it.

The Problem Reports and Solutions control panel. Which, if you view details will give you the same info that's in the event viewer. That's what I told him to try and post so we'll see what he comes up with.

"Problem descriptions and solutions are saved, so you can view them at any time."

Where can they be viewed?

NM. "Open Problem Reports and Solutions by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Problem Reports and Solutions."

Forget this modern crap. I want the Doctor back! :D

I had a feeling this happened to the good old Doctor. Probably the Doctor from XP runs on Vista, I have to try. Dr. Watson logs are extremely useful.

The info in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel has SOME information in it, but, not as much as Dr Watson. And no, I don't think Dr Watson will work on Vista...they changed the whole error reporting structure.

For instance, and this has nothing to do with any Slysoft product so this is entirely off topic but I thought it might be important, this is a typical Problems and Solutions diagnostic message:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AirPortExpressFWUpdater.exe
Application Version: 6.3.0.1
Application Timestamp: 43b8b277
Fault Module Name: AirPortExpressFWUpdater.exe
Fault Module Version: 6.3.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 43b8b277
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0001aa34
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: c496
Additional Information 2: 07b8b40cde90e3cae082bbdd8b459a62
Additional Information 3: 9dc0
Additional Information 4: 5205b932b2f860e68d0d344bd860c5cf

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 284297370

Spectacular...

The info in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel has SOME information in it, but, not as much as Dr Watson. And no, I don't think Dr Watson will work on Vista...they changed the whole error reporting structure.

Not neccessarily. You can always specify a default debugger (be it Visual Studio, Borland or ... the Doctor).
XP has this "An error has occured, tell Microsoft about it, search for a solution ..." crap as the default as well. You had to install the Doctor as the default debugger (drwtsn32 -i) as well.
It probably won't run with UAC enabled (which IMHO is a very stupid thing in the first place, if you want security, create a non-admin user account).

Not neccessarily. You can always specify a default debugger (be it Visual Studio, Borland or ... the Doctor).
XP has this "An error has occured, tell Microsoft about it, search for a solution ..." crap as the default as well. You had to install the Doctor as the default debugger (drwtsn32 -i) as well.
It probably won't run with UAC enabled (which IMHO is a very stupid thing in the first place, if you want security, create a non-admin user account).

NO ONE I know uses UAC. And you let me know how that goes if you try to install it on Vista. I personally use Visual Studio as my debugger. :D The perks of having an MSDN subscription. :)

That was the problem. I was trying to rip to the dvd drive with the anydvd ripper. I'm being so stupid I thought I'd ask this anyway.

Are you kidding me??? Trying to rip it back to the DVD drive, now that is awesome!!!!!:D

Are you kidding me??? Trying to rip it back to the DVD drive, now that is awesome!!!!!:D

That is truly a monumental "Oops!". ;) I've been known to do similar things myself. Thankfully I usually figure out my problem before anyone else finds out so no one gets a chance to make fun of me. :D

Well done slysoft, I can't wait for software to get out of beta version

Well done slysoft, I can't wait for software to get out of beta version

Don't let this stop you to try the beta. IMHO it is running very stable.

Uhhhhhh, James?! Do you want to explain to me exactly how it is I'm able to process Happily N'Ever After directly off the disc....with Recode?! That's not supposed to work! It's ARccOS protected!! I'm....amazed and HIGHLY impressed. (Yes, I'm just playing around but thought I'd give this a shot...I expected it to fail miserably.)

.with Recode?! That's not supposed to work! It's ARccOS protected!!

Many of the newer Sony, arccos protected releases could be imported directly into (recent versions of) Recode with Anydvd running in the background. Shrink, however, always had issues with these titles.

Back