• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.4.1 beta

I believe you have specified your DVD ROM drive as the destination directory. You must specify a path on your harddisk.

You know what to do to prevent this. :D If you give the user rope.....don't be surprised when they're hanging from the rafters. :D LOL!

Nein. (HA :) ) It rips fine with 6.1.4.2 for me. I just went and picked it up for the kids. No issues at all.

All right, it is a user error. I am certain he has set D:\VIDEO_TS as the destination directory.

All right, it is a user error. I am certain he has set D:\VIDEO_TS as the destination directory.

Me too. Put in a check to prevent it else you may see this kind of stuff again. I don't really want to have to ask every time someone has a ripping problem whether they're specifying the hard drive or not. LOL :)

You know what to do to prevent this. :D If you give the user rope.....don't be surprised when they're hanging from the rafters. :D LOL!

Sometimes.... okay, forget it.
;)

Me too. Put in a check to prevent it else you may see this kind of stuff again. I don't really want to have to ask every time someone has a ripping problem whether they're specifying the hard drive or not. LOL :)

You should see how often this same thing comes up in the Clonedvd forums (people not specifying the proper source and destination paths).

That was the problem. I was trying to rip to the dvd drive with the anydvd ripper but why won't it work with shrink now if it is supposed to now. I'm being so stupid I thought I'd ask this anyway.

That was the problem. I was trying to rip to the dvd drive with the anydvd ripper but why won't it work with shrink now if it is supposed to now. I'm being so stupid I thought I'd ask this anyway.

Because it's ARccOS protected...that can't be done in realtime off the disc with DVD Shrink. That will NEVER be fixable...you MUST rip it first with the AnyDVD Ripper.

A friend tested Marie Antoinette R1 with Anydvd ripper 6.1.4.2 and Shrink 3.2.
No issues. :clap:

He did say there was some 0.1 MB junk that needed to be removed (in the extras), but that's to be expected.

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Marie Antoinette
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed bogus title set!
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 80 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

So it seems to me 6.1.4.2 is looking pretty good. :)

Last edited:
Well fry my taters i guess I did get something through my dumb&*% brain today. Thank you for being so gentle. Ha

Well fry my taters i guess I did get something through my dumb&*% brain today. Thank you for being so gentle. Ha

Don't you worry about it. Everyone has to learn at their own pace. And you got it working so you did something right. :)

@James

From Da Sheep on CDF:

Well i tried the new anydvd beta 6.1.4.2 (without the beta clonedvd) to rip the same disc that i was having the problems with, when i tried without restarting my pc it seemed to work fine but then i rebooted my pc and when i open the ripper no matter what button i press (select dest/rip/close) it crashes on me ??

i will try now to install clonedvd beta and see if this helps... let me know if i need to select logging in anydvd to pass on the log to anyone.

Back soon with test results

I asked him if he has UAC running. I don't and haven't had this issue at all. He says that, at least for 6.1.4.1, when he installed CloneDVD beta the problem went away hence why he was going to try that now.

I asked him if he has UAC running. I don't and haven't had this issue at all. He says that, at least for 6.1.4.1, when he installed CloneDVD beta the problem went away hence why he was going to try that now.

Having UAC running or not doesn't make any difference for the ripper.
Having CloneDVD installed (regardless which version) has no influence on AnyDVD at all. It looks like a random crash to me (which I unfortunately cannot reproduce).

Having UAC running or not doesn't make any difference for the ripper.
Having CloneDVD installed (regardless which version) has no influence on AnyDVD at all. It looks like a random crash to me (which I unfortunately cannot reproduce).

It's worse than that. He can't use the ripper at ALL now on any disc with or without CloneDVD beta installed. It completely crashes AnyDVD when he tries. :(

It's worse than that. He can't use the ripper at ALL now on any disc with or without CloneDVD beta installed. It completely crashes AnyDVD when he tries. :(

A Dr. Watson log might help.
(Remember drwtsn32.exe?)

EDIT:
Does Vista still ship with Dr. Watson? I hope it does...

EDIT2:
To set up Dr. Watson, type drwtsn32 -i from the start menu "run" field, at least in XP it works this way.

Last edited:
Back