• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD Lock Up

xmgb

Clone Dvd locks up at end of write out.
The movie is copied but disc won`t eject.
Also I have to shutdown computer with on off button.
Twice to get mouse to work.
Recording at 4x.
Verbatim Dvd.
Have not had this problem with Nero Record.
Have shut off end of copy wav.
Any help?

Thx

1. Specify a)the brand and b)model number of your optical reader and writer with c)firmware versions for these optical drives. d) Let us know what operating system (version number and service pack, if applicable) you're using as well. e) Check to see if there's an updated firmware version for your burner and your reader.Update your burner's firmware (if available)
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

2. What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

3. Ensure you're using the lastest version of Anydvd and Clonedvd:
visit http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

4. Do not run other programs in the background while burning.

5. Click this

Do what it says to do.

6. visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=21907&postcount=11 (thanks to Zebadee)
Use one of the programs mentioned, and list your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Or for XP users only,
Click Start, Run
type regedit
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

We want what's listed in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Before you do this visit http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html, and read the first post please, so you can get a better understanding of what is going on.

7. Is DMA enabled for your burner? visit http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7625

You say Verbatim; that's not enough info. You say you're burning at 4x. Why? What is the rated speed of the media? How fast can your burner burn? You say you have Recode. Do you have INCD on your system as well? Uninstall it.

Last edited:
Settings

Low Filter reg mult sz elby delay any dvd afc pfc pxhelp 20
Upper filter reg mult sz gearaspiwdm
Verbatim 16x dvd- 4.7Gb
Latest ver. of Clone and any dvd
DMA enalbled
Hp 640b lightscribe burner latest firmware
Win Xp home sp2
No incd

Could this be a software problem?

Thx

Arcsoft

Yes i do a Western Digital HD external.
Should turn it off or delete Arcsoft?

Thx

Yes i do a Western Digital HD external.
Should turn it off or delete Arcsoft?

Well, I'm not very convinced arcsoft is the issue. But it might be. If you do decide to uninstall it, ensure afc.sys disappears from your lowerfilters. And then try burning again.

I would try burning again at 12x and ensure you don't have anything else running in the background.

Other than those suggestions and possibly defragmenting your hard drive, I'm not sure what else to suggest.

It was the HP burner,Put in a Plextor 640a burner
no problems.

Thx

I'm having the same problem with curtain DVD's. After DVD is done writing at 4x it just stops, does not show successful dialog with the eject button. The only way to eject the DVD is by shuting down the computer.

I tried all the above fixes in this thread, but did not fix my problem.

My Specs:
Windows XP Pro SP2 latest updates.
AMD 3700+
2G Mem
250G HD Western Digital
NVidia 7800 GS
DVD Drive: LG GSA-H22N 1.02 firmware
Media: TYG02, Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 4.7GB, 8X

LowerFilters: ElbyDelay AnyDVD PxHelp20 cdrbsdrv
UpperFilters: GEARAspiWDM

Registered User: AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. Using latest versions.

Novak

KidNovak said:
After DVD is done writing at 4x it just stops, does not show successful dialog with the eject button. The only way to eject the DVD is by shuting down the computer.

"It may be hanging on the .wav file at the end of the burn.
Click on the preferences tab, blank the "successful completion of operations" box, and see if this resolves your problem.
You can use the browse button next to it to reinstate success .wav"--sockeye from http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12096&postcount=8

Thanks for the Quick reply Webslinger.

O.K. that could be the problem as I cleared out all the wav files, because I did not want any sounds.

I will try a blank wav file to see if that fixes the problem.

I'll post the results.

Thanks again,
Novak

Webslinger, I did blank the "successful completion of operations" box and tried writing to the DVD again but still did not show the successful dialog with the eject button. I had to shutdown the computer.

Maybe un-install and re-install... maybe try beta?

Novak

cdrbsdrv - from BHA/Ricoh as it was installed with the Ricoh EncryptEase format/engine and B's Recorder GOLD7.

1.Try uninstalling whatever program you have that installed that filter.
Then check to ensure it's no longer listed.

2. Try setting a custom size in Clonedvd of 4300 (this might eliminate hanging at the end of the burn)

3. Do this

4. I'm not seeing a firmware update . . .

5. What burn speed are you using?

And yes, you might want to try the latest beta.

Taiyo Yuden 8x dvd-r is excellent, but maybe try a +R disc to see if you have the same issue (I'm just curious).

Last edited:
I uninstalled B's Recorder GOLD7(cdrbsdrv).
I uninstalled CloneDVD2 and installed CloneDVD2 2.9.0.4 beta.
I have the latest firmware for the LG DVD which is 1.02.
I'm burning at 4x.

Well, that didn't work with the DVD-R, but writing to a DVD-RW at 4x it worked, showed the successful dialog with the eject button.

I don't have +R discs as my Panny DVD recorder doesn't like them.
Also, CloneDVD2 works fine with some Movie DVD's that I write and some don't using Taiyo Yuden DVD-R.

Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 writes the DVD movie O.K using the Taiyo Yuden DVD-R.

The DVD I'm trying to write is only 4.21 GB.

I should have stated that I used "DVD Rebuilder" to transcode and rebuild the DVD and using CloneDVD2 to burn the DVD.

Novak

I don't have +R discs as my Panny DVD recorder doesn't like them.

Have you changed the booktype to "dvd-rom"?

See step 3

I'm burning at 4x.

Provided that's Premium TY media, many people report no issues burning that stuff at 12x . . .
Try an 8x write speed.

Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 writes the DVD movie O.K using the Taiyo Yuden DVD-R.

The DVD I'm trying to write is only 4.21 GB.

Well that info just completely threw me off.

Clonedvd does rely, from what I'm told, more heavily on firmware information provided by the burner than other programs do. There's a chance trying a different write speed (8x) might help. Possibly using +R media with that burner and changing the booktype might be another option.

Also, have you done this yet?

Last edited:
I believe it has something to do with "DVD Rebuilder", because when I transcode, rebuild and burn a DVD with CloneDVD2 using Taiyo Yuden DVD-R at 4x CloneDVD2 works great. I use this method when the DVD movie only needs to be trancoded a little or none at all.

Now, when I use "DVD Rebuilder" to transcode, rebuild and CloneDVD2 to burn Taiyo Yuden DVD-R at 4x the Finished dialog never shows up and I have to shutdown the computer. I use this method when the DVD movie needs to be a lot more transcoded.

I'll change some settings in "DVD Rebuilder" and see if I can get CloneDVD2 to burn.

Thanks for the help!
Novak

I believe it has something to do with "DVD Rebuilder", because when I transcode, rebuild and burn a DVD with CloneDVD2 using Taiyo Yuden DVD-R at 4x CloneDVD2 works great. I use this method when the DVD movie only needs to be trancoded a little or none at all.

Now, when I use "DVD Rebuilder" to transcode, rebuild and CloneDVD2 to burn Taiyo Yuden DVD-R at 4x the Finished dialog never shows up and I have to shutdown the computer. I use this method when the DVD movie needs to be a lot more transcoded.

I'll change some settings in "DVD Rebuilder" and see if I can get CloneDVD2 to burn.

I pretty much exclusively use DVD-RB Pro to compress movies these days after ripping to my HDD as a DVD DL.

I did an experiment after reading this. Note that most of this work was already done except the burning.

Software Involved

Ahead Nero Vision 4.9.5.7
DVD Rebuilder Pro 1.25.0
Elaborate Bytes CloneDVD 2.9.0.3 [for ripping]
Elaborate Bytes CloneDVD 2.9.0.4 beta [for burning]
FixVTS 1.603
Slysoft AnyDVD HD 2.1.3.6

DVD drive

Plextor PX-760A [1.06 firmware]

Blank Media

Memorex DVD+RW [INFODISC-A10-001] - This is not my DVD+RW!

Process by which things were done

1. Ripped DVD to HDD as DVD DL with AnyDVD & CloneDVD 2.9.0.3
2. Ran the output through FixVTS even though it wasn't needed
3. Ran through Nero Vision to convert from PAL to NTSC format
4. Compressed to DVD-5 using DVD-RB Pro 1.25.0 with CCE using One Pass VBR (w/analysis)
5. Burned to the blank DVD+RW using CloneDVD 2.9.0.4 beta at 8x

The burn completed successfully with no problems.

The reason I mentioned the other variables/methods is because it may or may not have impacted the outcome in my case. I never use CloneDVD to burn these days since I prefer to burn with a program that allows verification. Note that the reason I used two different versions of CloneDVD is that I had ripped the movie last night and then updated today.

Sorry that I can't come up with any reasons why this may be happening.

Here is the process that I currently use to make a DVD:
1. I Rip DVD Movie to HDD as DVD DL with AnyDVD & CloneDVD(movie only, no menus, no subtitles, and 1 audio channel)
2. Compressed to DVD-5 using DVD-RB Pro 1.25.0 with CCE SP2 using 2 or 3 Pass. I only use this process if needed, if not I complete the process with CloneDVD.
3. Burn to a blank DVD-R using CloneDVD 2.9.0.4 beta at 4x.

The burn not always successful.

Now that I think of it, I use to Rip the DVD with AnyDVD and DVD-RB Pro(Movie Only) compressed to DVD-5 and Burned to DVD-R at 4x with CloneDVD and I believe CloneDVD burned without problems everytime.

I'll test later today.

Novak

Back