• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clonedvd 2.9.0.7 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Last edited:
- New: Files created can always be compressed using DVD Shrink
or Nero Recode (CloneDVD2 can be used as a preprocessor to
deselect unwanted titles or streams)

Out of curiosity, do you know if this new feature has a pleasant side effect of fixing the compression issue with The Queen Region 2?

Last edited:
The beta installed fine for me by the way, but I've never had problems installing Slysoft programs.

Even with this new version, I think CloneDVD needs 2 more features in a future version:
1 - The size of DVD, before and after compression (not only the quality bar). I always like to see the size of the disc (specially if there is no compression at all);
2 - The 're-author' button (as on DVD Shrink). By default, with CloneDVD the main movie will always play first. You can't select titles by order with CloneDVD (or can you?), but you can with DVD Shrink (if you use the 're-author' button).

Even with this new version, I think CloneDVD needs 2 more features in a future version:
1 - The size of DVD, before and after compression (not only the quality bar). I always like to see the size of the disc (specially if there is no compression at all);
2 - The 're-author' button (as on DVD Shrink). By default, with CloneDVD the main movie will always play first.
You can select any title to play first with the little green triangle.

I tested my copy of "Happily N'ever After," WS R1 using CloneDVD 2.9.0.3 and AnyDVD 6.1.3.6, and it worked, but the resulting files still wouldn't work in Nero Recode 2.2.6.17.

However, a subsequent test using CloneDVD 2.9.0.4 beta and AnyDVD 6.1.4.2 beta not only worked, but the resulting files also worked in Nero Recode.

I experienced the same results with my copy of The U.S. vs. John Lennon.8)

You can select any title to play first with the little green triangle.

Yes, but what about the other titles? How can I select the second title, the third, and so on...?

Yes, but what about the other titles? How can I select the second title, the third, and so on...?
You can't at the moment (this will be changed soon).

James, if they're changing some stuff in CloneDVD, can you ask them to add a very small, minor feature? :D It'd be nice if we could have an option to copy the JACKET_P folder. I know, not the most useful thing in the world, but, again, "it'd be nice". :) Thanks!

James, if they're changing some stuff in CloneDVD, can you ask them to add a very small, minor feature? :D It'd be nice if we could have an option to copy the JACKET_P folder. I know, not the most useful thing in the world, but, again, "it'd be nice". :) Thanks!

I'll try, but I don't think this will happen anytime soon.

Ok, after telling you what's not going to happen, now the things that will likely happen:

1.) Defining title play order when copying without menus
2.) Setting default streams when copying without menus
3.) Verify of written discs

Not a big deal if they don't add it, but, others have asked for this before, too. I generally use another program to write the DVDs anyway, so I just make sure I manually copy it.

Ok, after telling you what's not going to happen, now the things that will likely happen:

1.) Defining title play order when copying without menus
2.) Setting default streams when copying without menus
3.) Verify of written discs

Oh THANK YOU GOD! Those are AWESOME, MUCH AWAITED features. :)

Back