• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Batching & 2-Pass Encoding?

musicalfruit

Hi,

Just got an Archos 604 and was trying out various compression utilities. CloneDVD Mobile was highly recommended on another forum so I gave the demo a spin.

Very easy and slick interface but I had a couple of questions about features that may be included in the retail version.

1. Is there a way to batch process? I want to queue up several jobs and have them run overnight.

2. Is there a 2-pass encoding option? I noticed that CloneDVD Mobile badly undersized one of the DVDs (targetsize was 1.4GB, resulting file was 1.2GB). Perhaps 2-pass encoding would result in better target sizing?

Thanks.

Hi,

Just got an Archos 604 and was trying out various compression utilities. CloneDVD Mobile was highly recommended on another forum so I gave the demo a spin.

Very easy and slick interface but I had a couple of questions about features that may be included in the retail version.

1. Is there a way to batch process? I want to queue up several jobs and have them run overnight.

2. Is there a 2-pass encoding option? I noticed that CloneDVD Mobile badly undersized one of the DVDs (targetsize was 1.4GB, resulting file was 1.2GB). Perhaps 2-pass encoding would result in better target sizing?

Thanks.

Search the forum, 2-pass is the most-wanted feature for the next version of Mobile, which I don't believe will ever come. I agree the estimates are pretty far off, but 2-pass main advantage is higher quality.

And batch processing sure would be nice too. I'm thinking of just using plain old mencoder on Linux and ditching Mobile.

Better quality for a given bitrate/filesize since otherwise, you would just up the bitrate.

In any event, after searching some more, I've decided to not use CloneDVD Mobile and switch to Handbrake instead since Handbrake gives you 2-pass encoding as well as almost exact file sizing.

Hi,

Thanks.

The 2 and 3 pass encoding is a great enhancement. I would also like to see a batch process option (there are several similar requests so I thought I would bump one of the existing threads)

Typical work flow would be two steps: (1) Use the vob pass-through mode to copy 1 season's worth of a series to a disk work space, (2) Select the .vob files, pick the desired encoding options and let it run. Right now I'm using CloneDVD mobile (and AnyDVD) for step 1, but I have to use another program for step 2. (AutoGK)

It takes less than an hour to copy the content of 5 DVDs to the drive as .vob files and then a couple minutes to setup and start the encoding. To use CloneDVD mobile for the whole process can take several days because I'm not at that computer at all times to swap disks when each one finishes. Batch processing would be an awesome addition!

Back