• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trouble with release 6.1.3.6

dkhamilto

Well I've previously had great success with your product using three different burmers, LiteOn, Phillips, Sony. I've go throuh 24 versions of your software. But with this last release using all the same burners and players, regardless of the source movie, playback pauses and skip sections. This is not cool. Did you change the compression algorith or something?

OK several replies.

I) The backed up media plays poorly. Pause meaning the image freezes for 1-7 seconds then continues usually skipping some scenes which on rewind and replay may be shown OK.

2) I don't believe it is the media unless they suddenly changed the quality. I use Maxell 8x printable DVD's. Have used alot of these with no issue.

3) Statistically it's not the source media, since the problem suddenly starts with version 6.1.3.6 and occurs for all 6 of the last backups.

4) Perhaps compression is the wrong video term but something reduces the original size from 8GB to 4.3GB. There is a code algorithm to accomplish this.

5) Play back is also fine on a PC where there are more cycles to do the image re-assembly.

I appreciate your comments though.

I use Maxell 8x printable DVD's. Have used alot of these with no issue.

Unless you're using Maxell Plus or Maxell Broadcast quality, you're not using good blank media.

Perhaps compression is the wrong video term but something reduces the original size from 8GB to 4.3GB. There is a code algorithm to accomplish this.

Anydvd doesn't compress anything. Anydvd just removes the protection.

Whatever you're using to transcode video compresses (you haven't named the program you're using . . . Clonedvd, Shrink, and Recode are common examples) .
Your issue has absolutely nothing to do with Anydvd.

Last edited:
1. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10
2. Use good quality media only (what you're using isn't good quality blank media)
visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4764653&postcount=25
and
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250
3. Try lowering your burn speed (not below 4x; if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x instead of 16x)
4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom"
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)
5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)
6. Try setting a custom size of 4300 in whatever burning program you're using (however, you shouldn't have to if you're using good quality blank media)

While I can accept that in technical terms My media may not be the best, help me understand why if the only variable is the anydvd software, my result suddenly change.

I have applied the latest firmware to all my burners previously there have been no new version for months.

I burn the 8x dvd's at 4x

While I can accept that in technical terms My media may not be the best, help me understand why if the only variable is the anydvd software, my result suddenly change.

Maxell (with the exception of some Maxell Plus and Maxell Broadcast Quality made in Japan--basically Maxell's higher end lines) doesn't make its own blank media. Ritek, CMC and other companies make the blank media Maxell sells under its label--and some of it is not good. Saying you're using "Maxell" media means absolutely nothing, really, unless you specify where it was made and media codes. You may have used Maxell that were made by another company previously. You may not be using the same stuff now.

Try Taiyo Yuden 8x premium instead.

Last edited:
OK finally clicked what you are saying. I use CloneDVD which has not changed since Dec 06. Only the AnyDVD layer which CloneDVD reads through. Is it possible that in allowing reads past the many protection schemes that the image contect gets altered in a way the generates issues for CloneDvd?

OK finally clicked what you are saying. I use CloneDVD which has not changed since Dec 06. Only the AnyDVD layer which CloneDVD reads through. Is it possible that in allowing reads past the many protection schemes that the image contect gets altered in a way the generates issues for CloneDvd?

Anydvd works perfectly fine with Clonedvd for thousands of users. In fact, using Clonedvd pretty much ensures compatibility with Anydvd.

The Maxell blank media you've used in the past may be different than the Maxell blank media you're using now (it may not even be made by the same factory). And when you use inferior blank media quality may vary even within the same spindle. Maxell Plus and Maxell Broadcast Quality are excellent. Generic Maxell you find in most stores should probably be avoided.

It's also possible your burner could be dying. However, it seems unlikely all your burners would be dying. Consequently, the likely culprit is your blank media choice.

Regardless, Anydvd has nothing to do with skipping discs.

Last edited:
If you want to verify the problem is AnyDVD then: use a different decoder like DVD Fab Decrypter, or DVD43 (or even a previous version of AnyDVD if you have access to one). If the problem persists then it isn't AnyDVD. If you want to know if CloneDVD is the problem, then use a different encoder like DVD-Shrink. If you want to know if your blank media is the problem then use different media like Taiyo Yuden, or Ritek.

Please try to verify the source of your problem, before replying again.

Also, have you tested the reduced DVD image play back through a clone-drive?

or Ritek.

Ritek and Ridata do not produce good quality media, and in fact, the bad Maxell blank media the OP is using might already be made by Ritek (which would explain a lot).

Last edited:
Back