• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD2 error

ejr

I am using the latest version 2.9.0.3

After recording a DVD and ejecting the recorded DVD, The CD Writing Wizard in Windows XP pops up and tells me that "The files are ready to be written, but the CD was ejected from the drive. What do you want to do?"

Is this happening to others?

Also, how to resolve?

Last edited:
ejr,
Can you try re-writing your question in different words. I know you are new to this but "recording" is more of a term for the video tape age.

When making DVD backups, you are either copying (ripping) or writing (burning).

What is "The CD Writing Wizard"?

You are copying a DVD original to DVD blank media correct? ... not CD media correct?

Do you have a DVD burner drive in your computer? ... and not just a CD burner drive or a DVD-ROM (read only) / CD writer combination drive.

Best regards,
Whisperer

ejr,
Can you try re-writing your question in different words. I know you are new to this but "recording" is more of a term for the video tape age.

When making DVD backups, you are either copying (ripping) or writing (burning).

What is "The CD Writing Wizard"?

You are copying a DVD original to DVD blank media correct? ... not CD media correct?

Do you have a DVD burner drive in your computer? ... and not just a CD burner drive or a DVD-ROM (read only) / CD writer combination drive.

Best regards,
Whisperer

OK...let me try again.

Opeating System = Windows XP Home SP2
CloneDvd2 = V 2.9.0.3
Drive F = DVD ROM
Drive E = DVD RW

Every time I copy an original film to blank media (DVD +R), the ripping goes fine and the burning goes fine. When the DVD is finished burning I have CloneDVD set to play music to tell me it's done.

So I walk over to the computer and eject my new backup copy leaving the original DVD in the player. As soon as I eject the backup is when a Window on my computer pops up. This Window that pops up is known as the CD Writing Wizard. For some reason, after successfully burning a DVD, my computer thinks that it is writing files to a CD.

The screen that pops up says:

"The Files are ready to be written, but the CD was ejected from the drive. What do you want to do?"

Then it lists a few options.

This never used to happen when I made backup copies of movies before now.

I think I have resolved the problem. I went and explored the DVD RW drive and found that my wife accidentally downloaded some digital pics to the drive to record to CD, but never recorded them.

So the drive was telling me that the pics were ready to be recorded.

yip, thats windows built in writer software, delete all thats in the seaaion

Back